Name error in e-filing of income tax return

I e-filed my mother's ITR but made a mistake in entering her name.

in statring I entered her name as Kusum Lata but at the end I entered her name as Kusum Gupta

In her PAN card her name entered is Kusum Gupta and in the records of Income Tax Authorities her name recorded is Kusum Lata Gupta.

I am not able to understand whether I continue to E-file or revise her return 

Replies (6)

HI In my opinion you need  to revise a return .

On the above Situation 

As per My Knowledge You Should File the Revised Return With Correct name...

Have A good Day...:)

Need to file affidevit for that?

 

 

Originally posted by : !..SaNKeT..!


On the above Situation 

As per My Knowledge You Should File the Revised Return With Correct name...

Have A good Day...

As per best of my practice knowledge, wait till the assessment order u/s 143(1) comes & if in that order any query raises then revise the return otherwise dont revise ITR & in subsequent A.Y. fill correct name of the assessee.

I understand that for NSDL PAN No. alone is important.

this is how i came to the conclusion:

i downloaded Form 16A.  on verification of the names on the Form 16As with the PAN No. I mentioned against the name of the depositor did not tally.

because some of the depositor's have deposited in their proprietory concern's name give-gave their personal PAN no.

'As a result" Form 16As are printed in the name of the proprietor not in the name of the concern.

From the above I understand the NSDL is blind to the particulars of the name ..............
 

after much deliberation I,right now, have send original return and waiting for any query from Income Tax Authority Thank you all for valuable suggestions, I will share my knowledge when I receive refund or query from Income Tax Authority

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details