monetary value of CA professionals

CA Vishal (CA working in industry) (620 Points)

22 January 2010  

Dear Friends

In todays world I believe a lot of value is attached to other departments in the organisation like HR, sales, IT, operations etc but the same kind of respect is not accorded to finance professionals . This  is also reflected in monetary terms . No doubt that CA professionals are getting good remuneration but lot of hard work and efforts  goes into it both at the time of getting qualification & post . In recent times I have found in various organisations both large & small that the manageemnt tends to give more value to other domains and consider them as revenue generators. Nobody takes into account the cost effectiveness and cost control aspect . Most of them treat this domain as compulsory addition to meet the statutory compliances...

Alao I feel the top management of this domain also do not contribute to cause of finance professionals at lower & middle level.. They tend to be conservative in terms of promotions & hikes. whereas other dept heads tend to be more liberal. Are we finance professionals too conservative....

Please share your views on the same as I feel people from other functions tend to be in much better position with regard to salaries & responsbilities