Mistake in Assessment Year during E-filing of ITR

 

Hi,

I filed my taxes for AY 2009-10 online. But I made a mistake and I used form for AY 2008-09. Now I have recieved a notice from IT Department under section 143 with huge amount of tax due. The notice is for AY 2008-09. However I was unemployed at that time and I didn't had any income. It's also mentioned that I can move an application under section under 54. Please guide me how should I proceed in this regard.

Thanks!

Replies (3)

No you can not move an application under section 154 for rectification of mistake as 154 can be moved only against an order of assessing officer, since this is not an order but just a notice. The only thing you can do is file a copy of application to the concerned AO and request him to cancel the proceedings with such reasons.

Agreed with Mr. Vicky

Well I called the CPC, Bangalore today and they said they have rejected the IT return for AY 2008-09 as it was wrong. But I am not able to understand that if they have rejected this form then how come this data went to IT department? Also they told me that I have to file return for AY 2009-10 again. I wanted to know is there any fine if I file IT Return now? I don't have any tax due. I have paid the taxes before March 2009 for AY 2009-10.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details