Loss on share in ITR

I am salaried person, if I have a loss on share, which I don't want to claim or carry forward, than its ok if I don't show that loss in return.. and file ITR 1, otherwise I have to file ITR 2 ..

kindly guide in this matter..
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
If you've incurred a loss on shares and don't wish to claim or carry it forward, you might be able to file ITR 1. However, if you choose to declare the loss, you'll need to file ITR 2. You can use the capital gains statement provided by your broker to declare income from trading in shares and securities.

It is better to show loss on sale of shares and file ITR 2. 

Can I show capital Gain as per Capital Gain statement received by me from my Broker ?

Yes. You can use capital gain statement issued by the broker for declaring the income from trading in shares & securities

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details