LongTerm capital Gain exemption on Agreement of Sale document

I have bough one apartment on 2013 for 32 lakhs and sold the same flat in 2021 Aug for 62.5 lakhs-in Pune.

When I calculate the Long Term capital gain tax then it is coming around 18 Lakhs - Hence I need to pay 20% as Long term capital gain which is around 3.6 Lakhs.

 

Now I Have booked a new flat at Hyderabad , which is under construction and will be handed over after 3 years.

I have done a Agreement of Sale with the builder now , but actual Registration-Sale deed will happen during handover.

 

My Query is How Can I claim Long term capital gain exemtion?

IS Agreement of sale considered or DO I need to do registration to claim the exemption?

 

Please Help.

 

Thanks,

Samar Pradhan

TaxPayer

Replies (1)

First of all its .... " possession of flat .....after 3 years"........ because of that  you cannot get deduction u/s. 54.

For registration. its not much binding, provided you are paying installments based on sale agreement.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details