I would like to summarize all the issues, problems noticed with the new Income Tax India efiling website and utilities. This is despite more than 2 weeks gone since its launch
- Speed – Somewhat come under control
- When in my profile I try to edit/update source of income, even though all mandatory fields are filled, the Add button does nothing.
- Profile is saying 85% complete – But nowhere it says what is missing 15%
- Profile - PAN & IT Filing site address mismatch, all alphabets are same still just because PAN does not have India it warns me that address does not match. Dumb comparison. No AI implemented
- When I try to download offline utility, the URL errors out stating contact administrator
- Bank account validation is perpetually pending
- It is pulling back data from previous ITRs for Bank validation e.g. Dena Bank is no longer an entity. It’s now BOB. Still perpetually it is on its own initiated Dena Bank account pre-validation under my profile. It has not failed either and still in validation since Nov-2020.
- Some bank account validations are pending since Nov-2020!!
- In Offline Utility ITR2 even though I have clearly unchecked all options under Outside India assets, and also clearly marked it as NO. In the final filled form, it automatically takes it as YES. Here you cannot change it now
- The 80TTA data is lost every time I resume from previous state
- In offline utility, even though I have 2 accounts validated on portal, all accounts are shows as not validated
- In offline utility, even though I have selected two accounts for refund credit (Both are validated in the portal) still in the final PDF generated it shows none selected for refund credit.
- For a bank like Union Bank that offers EVC generation option, under the validated account it says EVC can not be enabled for this account, even though EVC has not been enabled for any other account
- One bank account is validated but the detailed status shows pending validation, request could not be taken up due to technical error
Do any CAs have raised it with Income Tax Department and are you aware of all these issues?
I opened several tickets with IT Helpdesk but sometimes they disappear when I log in next time or just Queued or Submitted but not a single one resolved yet.
I called IT Helpdesk last week and they said that by Monday (22 June) all issues will be fixed but it’s all as it was even now.
I advice all honest taxpayers to reverify each and every field, each and every line in the final stage before you file your return this time.