Life Is Not Always About Winning

CA.Pravinchandra (Executive (F&A)) (2387 Points)

04 January 2011  

Life is not all about winning.

In 1913, Lee De Forest, inventor of the triodes tube, was charged by the district attorney  for using fraudulent means to mislead the public into buying stocks of his company by claiming that he could transmit the human voice across the Atlantic. He was publicly  humiliated. Can you imagine where we would be without his invention?

As a young cartoonist, Walt Disney faced many rejections from newspaper editors, who said he had no talent. One day a minister at a church hired him to draw some cartoons.
Disney was working out of a small mouse infested shed near the church. After seeing a small mouse, he was inspired. That was the start of Mickey Mouse.

One day a partially deaf four year old kid came home with a note in his pocket from his teacher, "Your Tommy is too stupid to learn, get him out of the school." His mother read the note and answered, "My Tommy is not stupid to learn, I will teach him myself." And that Tommy grew up to be the great Thomas Edison. Thomas Edison had only three months of formal schooling and he was partially deaf.

In 1914, Thomas Edison, at age 67, lost his factory, which was worth a few million dollars, to fire. It had very little insurance. No longer a young man, Edison watched his lifetime effort go up in smoke and said, "There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burnt up. Thank God we can start anew." In spite of disaster, three weeks later, he invented the phonograph. What an attitude!

All success stories are stories of great failures. The only difference is that every time they failed, they bounced back. This is called failing forward, rather than backward. You learn and move forward. Learn from your failure and keep moving.
There are lean moments in everyone’s life, we have to take the rough with the smooth,
and we have to keep looking for the silver lining in the clouds.
Remember, no one is lucky enough to be successful their whole life.

So every time you fall down - cheer up, get up and keep moving.
Keep you sights on the big goal. Let not the temporary bruises worry you.