Easy Office

Leaving CA Course

Page no : 3

Hardik Trivedi (CA) (74 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

hi varun dont feel bad but it seems a childish thought that has got u

r u n under graduate? in college?

r ur peers performing faster n intimidating u?

r u at a place where there is less work ?

remember any work done with devotion n whole heart is not boring n gives satisfaction.

i 2 have passed from this phase n wasted 1 yr. does not sound much interesting but its practical.

just think about this MBA in Finance in "UK"

It sounds fantastic but do u know the work profile there?

believe me its the same like CA its finance only

i have a friend who did B TECH. FROM IIT POWAI

MBA IN FINANCE FROM IIM A

NOW HE IS IN N INVESTMENT BANK.

boy its fine u dont like it take rest but i think its no use telling this, as my dad said to me, u r in a hurry

but when hurry settles down u will get the right picture.

as far as procedures it is advisable to file form 109 termination form n not 108 which can be filed only after completing 3 yrs., if u r in 2nd yr of articleship. it is in ur n ur principal's interest.

best of luck

my best wishies with u varun

Shashi Bhushan (Learner, Jalandhar) (996 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

Leaving CA to do Post graduation in Finance.

Stupid decision.

because after CA, a student become master in tax & accounts.

but after grad & post graduation he get only a normal knowledge without practical experience

shwetha (student) (79 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

Dear Varun if u aren't intersted in doing this course,just leav it.No need to worry as some say u shudn't leave this course.There are many ways to live and one of them is to be a CA.Go fo any course which u like and which ur conscious accepts..gud luck..

CA. Amit Chimnani (PARTNER ) (205 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

yes varun u r right  no formalities r required,but as a good human u must inform to ur principal and i think u hv done it.

Pavan T (student) (77 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

There r quite a few students who r thinking on line of varun....the main problem might lie in the firm whre they are undergoing articleship...coz after studying intresting logical subs like math, accountancy, Tax  etc at various levels of the course....an article trainee is given some routine jobs like filling the ITR forms, preparing computations based on previous years computations...audits where after doing most of the work the student is requested to sit out of the room whre auditor and management sit to FINALISE the audit...and plight of few students to do some personal works of their pinciples....Lucky r the ones whose articleship is going as per the guidelines set by the institute...and others please be patient...dont loose intrest...persistence...persistence...persistence is the mantra...

With introduction of CPT and removal of lateral entry after Graduation, gone are the days where a student would leave the course out of fear of clearing....but here comes the days where students are jus bored with the course...Varun might be right in feeling bored....but brother jus think for a moment....you have done most of the hard work...you are in the course for around two years now...and will be finishing in another 2 to 2.5 years..and i think this is the busiest period of articleship with PCC exams and final exam preparation...as you have batted through the toughest and boring period.. jus start enjoying the challenging period...never before in the country's history students were allowed to complete their CA (along with articleship) at such early age of 20,21,22....Mind you CA is not only about audit and tax...it deals with others areas of finance as well..and CAs are holding high positions in many major corporations...Once you r a CA by 21 or 22 wht ever the case may be...you can still opt for the MBA...and please imagine yourself to be Varun PGDBM, CA, Bcom, rather than Varun PGDBM,Bcom....

Ashish Kr Mishra (CA-final & CS-final) (122 Points)
Replied 06 January 2010

well said hardik, CA is a good and paying course if we study with devotion. Job n profile depends on your skill n performance. Varun, it seems u r intelligent so u can pursue CA with ur Bcom n pass out easily. After bcom n CA you can go anywhere in the world n pursue any course which you want. If MBA is your passion try Harvard n at least u can go for IIM or ISB through respective entrances. I think u will succeed.....best wishes.

Ashish Mishra

CA final

(Guest)
Originally posted by : nitin kumar vijay

Before leaving C.A.cource please remember the dialog of Harivanshrai bacchan 
Man ka kam mile jaye  to achchha aur na  mile to aur bhhi achha.
Yar hame to acchhe kam me urja(energy) lagani hai phir  vo kuchbhiho ham to man se karenge.

Bahoth Khuubh! sahi bolaa aapne'...

One must try to handle boredom...I read one book by name 50th law in which robert greene says most people fail because they can't handle boredom...

even the most exciting field....will become boring after sometime....

the toppers...keep studying on and on and they never get bored...whereas we students we feel bored after even one study....unless one knows how to tackle boredom and drudgery one cannot win...IM SURE OF THIS as Im doing a spychology course too....

Praveen CP (--) (274 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Dear varun ,

even i left 2 firms and terminated my articles thinking that Ca is a boring course etc . what i would suggest u is take a break and resume back . its really worth it . .i took 2 months break to actually decide if i should continue in this field or not . but eventually i joined my 3rd firm and started my articles from Day - 1 . so dont take such hasty decisions . You might regret in future. thinking a trillion times .

Regards

Praveen

Nirav (Tax preparer) (74 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

are bhai CA kyun chod rahe ho? yahan sab log 3 idiots wali baat bol rahe hai karne ko...hahaha..its funny. agar 3 idiots movie release nahi hui hoti to sabke view bhi change ho gae hote. dun go filmy way...practically kya hota hai ki jisme talent hai vo aage nahi aa pata kyonki tumhare competitor ke paas jack hai talent nahi hai...to jack ke thru tumhara fren aage aa jayega aur tum reh jaoge piche bhale hi talent bharpur hai tumhare paas. tumhari age kitni hai? chod ne se pehle various other factors consider kar lena...3 idiots dekh kar josh mein aa kar CA  chod mat dena. and CA ek baar complete kar do phir aasaan life hai..do it hard and  take interest in wat u do.

ravi kiran (ca-final) (205 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

first terminate articles or else it will be treated as continuation of articles

Airody Manjunatha Alse (ca) (100 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Dear Varun,

It is my sinciere advice to think twice. Since this is the career question, you should be very firm. Unless you involve, every area is boring. Leave it. Answer to you quiery,  it is advised to complete the procedure considering your future. Firstly take the completion certificate from your principal and inform it to the ICAI (Form 108)  . Keep all your registration data etc in tact. It may handy in future. Best of luck!

Vipul (Manager finance) (288 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

I think u shouldnt leave. U are very near to success. I wanna ask u 1 thing- I think course is not boring but u r not capable of doing this course, Am i right ? Think again b4 leaving. I think this is the best course.. After completing the course & few years of experience CA becomes allrounder & Can do any thing... Think over it again & again....

All the Best.

Shivanand Nautiyal (Article PCC) (104 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Dear Varun if u aren't intersted in doing this course,just leav it.No need to worry as some say u shudn't leave this course.There are many ways to live and one of them is to be a CA.Go fo any course which u like and which ur conscious accepts..gud luck..

THIS IS GOOD SAID BY SWETHA.................DO'NT WORRY VARUN ........"ALL IZ WELL".....

Varun (Articled) (72 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Dear Mr. Virendra,
I am not showing off but let me tell you that I have been a very good student throughout my life. In school and in college. I know what I am capable of and I can definitely do the CA course if I want to . But I don't want to. I don't think this is what I want to do my whole life. Kindly do not make assumptions as you do not even know me.

Varun (Articled) (72 Points)
Replied 07 January 2010

Dear Mr. Virendra,
I am not showing off but let me tell you that I have been a very good student throughout my life. In school and in college. I know what I am capable of and I can definitely do the CA course if I want to . But I don't want to. I don't think this is what I want to do my whole life. Kindly do not make assumptions as you do not even know me.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: