ABHISHEK (Student) 13 February 2020
Orginal return was filed within due date income above 2.95lkh after deduction, later on revised to 3.3lkh after deduction.
now the department levied penalty for 1000 for the said return.
1. Is the penalty levied is correct?
2. Can we withdraw the revised return?
3 Is there any option by which we avoid such late fee?
CAclubindia Online Learning offers a wide variety of online classes and video lectures for various professional courses such as CA, CS, CMA, CISA as well as various certification courses on GST, Transfer Pricing, International Taxation, Excel, Tally, FM, Ind AS and more. know more
RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!") 13 February 2020
Late Fee not applicable for Revised ITR if Original ITR filed on or before due date... So,
1. Not correct.
2. No need.
3. disagree the demand & rectification
sabyasachi mukherjee 13 February 2020
pls note the following points:
1. if return filed within due date no imposition of penalty
2. try to find out if there are any errors on your part in the original return.
if there is any problem send a mail at sabyasachimukherjee7098 @ gmail.com.
Kapadia Pravin 14 February 2020
1. Late fee not applicable for Revised ITR
But look into and clarify -
a. Have you eVerified original return ? If yes then when
b. Have you provided ITR acknowledgement Number and Date of filing Original ITR in your Revised Return
c. Under which section revised return you selected for filing
2. There is no withdrawal system for ITR
IF it's not eVerified in 4 months post ITR filing then Return is not considered and discarded as it has never been filed by assessee.
3. Late fee is auto populated for original return (being filed beyond due date) and no option that anyone can play with. It's mandatory levy.
Spurto Consultancy Services (Consultant) 14 February 2020
No late fee can be levied if the original return was filed within the due date.
1. The penalty levied is incorrect.
2. One a return is filed and e-verified within 120 days then the same cannot be withdrawn.
3. Disagree with the demand processed and file for rectification of intimation.