Late afee and penalty in gst

hello,
I filed gstr 1 for the month of Jan 2020 today .and claimed Rs.5000 additional ITC in DEC 19.
do I need to pay any late fee ?

and one more thing, how do I know how much late fee and penalty to pay now as I've not received any notices till date ??
pls clarify
Replies (2)
Quick Summary
This discussion addresses concerns about potential GST late fees and penalties. The user filed their GSTR 1 for January 2020 late and claimed additional ITC in December 2019, reversing it in January 2020 without interest. They are seeking clarification on whether interest is payable for the ITC reversal and if any late fees apply to the GSTR 1 filing, especially as no liability is showing in their ledger.

You are filed GSTR 1 for the month of Jan-20 on 13th Feb-20... Right...?

The said ITC claim through GSTR 3B return only. Not for GSTR 1 return...
1.additional itc claimed in dec 19 for (Nov 19) Rs.5000. and reversed the amount in Jan 2020 only 5000 "not with interest" .
now I want to know is there any interest payable for the Rs.5000 as I've not received any notice for the same.

2. I filed Jan 2020 gstr 1 on Feb 13 2020 (today) is there any late fee payable for late filing along with gstr 3b on 20th Feb .

there is no liability showing in my liability ledger for the above both
I hope this is clear pls clear my doubts
thank u

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details