Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Job in dubai

CA Parth pareek (employee) (67 Points)

22 February 2013  

Hi All,

guys i need your help. i have done my ca in nov 2011 and currently i am working in genpact jaipur as an assistant manager. i have got an job offer from dubai for the role of internal audit. now the confusion is should i go to dubai or not because some people says that middle east working expreience does not count india. please help  me out what should i do..

thanks

27 Replies

sabia (CWA Finals) (548 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Its a myth that middle east query dosent wrk .... i have seen several qualified CA at very gud designation working out here ... biggest advantage is hefty salary which thy pay in middle east :) 

rest its all your decision ...

Replied 22 February 2013

Thanks Sabia for  posting the  valuable comment.  but sabia i have a known who works in dubai on a very high position he himself told me that come to dubai with the intention  of not going back to india as dubai's working experience has no value in india. if you go back to india after working in dubai you will have to start your career all over again from the starting level.

1 Like

CA Ashish Pathak (Employed at Cipla Ltd.) (2779 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Please dont leave India bro. Its yours country....its yours motherland...whatever you are today, its all because of this land and now you do have certain obligations and duties towards your country. You may get a good tax free salary in Dubai but you may never get the respect that one gets in his own country. People will look upon you as strangers in that foreign land...plus you may also have problem finding good vegetarian Indian food over there. India is a rapidly developing economy and there is no doubt immense scope for young professionals like you. And Jaipur is no doubt a fastest developing Indian City. All i can say is that You are the future of this country and one day your contribution towards this country's development will surely count.. Good Luck. Wish you all the success in life.
1 Like

sabia (CWA Finals) (548 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

well ... regarding this I do have ths much to say ... if money matters to you u can head to dubai in this sceneraio otherwise stay and India and njy ur job :)

Balaji Sarangarajan (MBA & (CA Final)) (1121 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Hi

Yes, it is absolutely true as far as the finance is concerned what ever experience you gain in middle east will not be considered when you return to India.

The reason being:

In India, we have lot of taxes like service tax, sales tax, central excise, customs etc.. which is vital in India for accounts & finance in India.

In Middle East, there is no such taxes like what we have here in India.

Other than that you will be doing only accounting work like passing journals, purchase entry, sales entry, if require some will be doing the treasury work as well.

Think before you join the duty there, but you will get a good tax free pay once you join there and you have opputunity to grow in the career ladder.

All the very best.

2 Like

CA Ashish Pathak (Employed at Cipla Ltd.) (2779 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Apart from all this, Dubai is a tax free country. You may not find any application of your knowledge of India Tax laws and Indian corporate laws too..so all your expert level knowledge of Direct And Indirect Taxes will get depreciated soon. Yes it may be difficult to find a good work profile after working in Dubai. Stay in this country and work with full dedication and this country will surely bless you with all the success. Dont see the short term benefits...see the long term. Thats all I can suggest. After all its yours decision...its yours career...its yours life....and its yours country too. Good Luck.

Rahul Sharma (Be Always Positive) (1603 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

dubai is not so bad, if money is matter for you than you can join there. country is matter for you than india always best. 

1 Like

Rahul Sharma (Be Always Positive) (1603 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

good opportunity also available in india.

Mani (Accountant) (53 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Originally posted by : Parth pareek

Hi All,

guys i need your help. i have done my ca in nov 2011 and currently i am working in genpact jaipur as an assistant manager. i have got an job offer from dubai for the role of internal audit. now the confusion is should i go to dubai or not because some people says that middle east working expreience does not count india. please help  me out what should i do..

thanks

parth, ive few friends who are working in dubai ..

If you want to make good money within a short span, then middle east is a boon..

You can work for 5-10 years..come back to India and join in an audit firm..

There are some companies in Dubai which have an office in India also.. So working after few years in Dubai, you can move to such companies and request for a posting in India..

See this is the age wherein you can take chances ..

Moreover Internal audit has it's demand any where unlike taxation..

But above all, you must know the savings potential out there and not the CTC .. because the consultants recommending candidates to Middle east swallow huge amount of commission which otherwise would have flown to us .. How much savings potential have they told you after considering Accom, Food, Conveyance and other daily costs?

CA AYUSH AGRAWAL (Kolkata-Pune-Mumbai) (26935 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

If Money Matters:-

Straight Away Go to Dubai..

My 5-6 Friends are Working There.

Dont Think Else.

Every Thing is Fine.

Replied 22 February 2013

@ Mani accommodation and transportation will be provided by the company I have to take care of foods and all other stuffs.. Like I have been told I would be able to save 85-90 k per month in our Indian currency..

kamaljeet (account manager) (42 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

No doubt dubai is good country but you leave india jusf for earning then it is not fair to leave india first focus on profile what you are getting and if you have knowledge than you can earn any where in world (including India)

kamaljeet (account manager) (42 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

No doubt dubai is good country but you leave india jusf for earning then it is not fair to leave india first focus on profile what you are getting and if you have knowledge than you can earn any where in world (including India)

Mani (Accountant) (53 Points)
Replied 22 February 2013

Originally posted by : Parth pareek
@ Mani accommodation and transportation will be provided by the company I have to take care of foods and all other stuffs.. Like I have been told I would be able to save 85-90 k per month in our Indian currency..

If you are properly able to save 85-90 k per month, then it is a decent deal especially after considering the current market scenario.

I suggest go ahead with it. (Provided you have decided to forego taxation).

If you have a good deal of savings with you, then you can take chances which you cannot take now.

Moreover, Dubai is a nice place to chill out :-)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register