ITR filed twice in same AY 2010-11

Can any buddy tell me What to Do if I have filed Return for AY 2010-11 manually
And then again have filed e-Return subsequently for the same A Y 2010-11. there was a refund of Rs 900 for AY 2010-11 and I got refund directely in my bank account from e-return. also after 2-3 month I got a refund check from my ITO (for mannual return), what should i do now? Still I did not collect the refund money from the refund check...

Thanks in Advance,

Replies (5)

i think e return gets preference because the data is transmitted electronically. 

yes sir, that's why i got refund first from e-return.

but now problem is that I got refund from both of my returns. first refund directly transmitted into my bank account and second (for manual return) refund got by check. still I am not submitting the refund check in the bank. but what should I do now?

Shall I return this refund check back to Income Tax Officer?

First you tell me, whether amount of refund is same in both the cases.

You should get it rectified by your ITO and returned the refund cheque to him.

yes...both returns are same...so refund amount of Rs. 900 is also same.

is it any offence? wht is remedy for that?

take the confirmation of ITO and cancle manual return it will be better for you

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details