Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saurabh   19 July 2021

ITR-2 Validation errors

Hi While filing ITR 2, I am getting validation error - 'In schedule OS, Sl No 10 the quarterly break-up pf dividend income (i+ii+iii+iv+v) is not equal to [1a - DTAA Dividend - System calculated value at 3aii] of schedule OS' We have matched the amounts. Both the amounts are matching. 

I am further getting the error that in schedule CG, sl no e(x) is not equal to the difference of (i)-(x). This is also matching when I check the form preview.

Can anyone confirm if this is a glitch? Should we wait before filing the ITR?  

42 Replies

purushothama

purushothama (CA Practice )     19 July 2021

Yes .It is a software glitch in my opinion .I have been facing this issues since last 15 days for many of the clients. The message shows that dividend totals do not match with dividend as per DTAA .DTAA dividends are not at all applicable in the returns to be filed by me ,but it is a coding problem.

Never know when such issues will be resolved.

ayusmita

ayusmita (Tax consultant)     20 July 2021

There's is software glitches now in the portal Just wait for it to work properly then do it
it will be better
CA Rashmi Gandhi

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant)     20 July 2021

Software glitches.
Vikrant

Vikrant (SA)     30 August 2021

Yes today 30th Aug even I am getting same error, has this issue resolved for anyone?

Gaurav Gupta

Gaurav Gupta   09 September 2021

same here...unable to match the dividend breakup

Vijaya Krishna Kasula

Vijaya Krishna Kasula   12 September 2021

Same here at 12/Sep/2021. How to proceed

Anik Koria

Anik Koria (Article)     12 September 2021

Same error as on 12 Sep 2021. Personal return filing has become a great wastage of time and energy.

Karan Kumar Karnani

Karan Kumar Karnani (kk)     12 September 2021

Any workaround you guys have found for this dividend error?

Anish Kumar Biswas

Anish Kumar Biswas   12 September 2021

Hi While filing ITR 2, I am getting validation error - 'In schedule OS, Sl No 10 the quarterly break-up pf dividend income (i+ii+iii+iv+v) is not equal to [1a - DTAA Dividend - System calculated value at 3aii] of schedule OS' We have matched the amounts. Both the amounts are matching. I am further getting the error that in schedule CG, sl no e(x) is not equal to the difference of (i)-(x). This is also matching when I check the form preview.

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/details.asp?mod_id=577870
Anish Kumar Biswas

Anish Kumar Biswas   12 September 2021

I am also facing the same. Wondering when they will fix ITR portal. Infosys guys need to buck up.

Prashant

Prashant (Vice President)     13 September 2021

Here is a workaround though I'm not too sure of what other complications it can create.  In Schedule OS, Section 2, create a dummy entry for sub-part (f) (Amount included in 1 & 2 above which is chargeable at special rates in India as per DTAA).  All amount values in this entry must be zero.  The catch is that there are some mandatory fields like Country, Article, etc. which would need some valid values, even though the amount is zero.  Once this element is added to Schedule OS, the error goes away (I can kind of pinpoint the coding error why this is happening, based on this - something very basic!).  The worry I have is that the return will have this entry under Section 2 of Schedule OS, even though the amount is zero, there will be a reference to a country and an Article and not sure if that will create issues later.

Karan Kumar Karnani

Karan Kumar Karnani (kk)     13 September 2021

Your point is valid, let them fix the code, rather than getting into another complication. Thank you.

Rocks Parss

Rocks Parss   13 September 2021

As pointed out by Ashok Oza in another thread - one can make all dividends as zero and add the same to other income in Schedule OS? 

Prashant

Prashant (Vice President)     14 September 2021

I think this issue has been resolved.  At least, when I tried just now - without any workaround (i.e. specifying the Dividend amount properly in Section 1a(i) of Schedule OS and the quarterly breakup properly in Section 10 of Schedule OS) - I did not get the error that had been coming for the past week or more and I was able to successfuly e-verify and submit my return.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags