ITC refund on rent (used for export of service)

I am starting a consulting work in Bangalore. I will consulting mainly to outside India clients. .

I have taken a house on rent and will be using it for work. I am also registering my GST address as this house. Can I claim ITC refund since export is 0% GST.

Also, is there any challenge of claiming this rent as business expense? 

 

Replies (6)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies that businesses providing export services from India can claim a Goods and Services Tax (GST) Input Tax Credit (ITC) refund on rent paid for office space. It's confirmed that rent can be claimed as a business expense without issue. An alternative to claiming refunds is to apply for a Letter of Undertaking (LUT) and issue invoices at a 0% GST rate.

Yes you can claim refund of GST and there is no challenge in claiming rent as business expenses.

You can also apply for LUT and raise export invoice without tax rather then claiming refund.

Thank you CA Rashmi.

I'll be taking an LUT and raising 0% gst invoice. Can I get refund of input tax credit of GST that I pay on rent? 

Thank you CA Rashmi.

I'll be taking an LUT and raising 0% gst invoice. Can I get refund of input tax credit of GST that I pay on rent? 

Welcome Dear 🤗🤗
If rent is for business purposes then ITC can be availed and refund can also be claimed
You can claim ITC Refund on Rent

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details