Itc claim doubt 1

Sir, I have a hardware and doors shop and I am starting a factory for which I have bought material to build a factory like I have bought construction material. Can I claim ITC for it?

can I claim itc of expenditures
Replies (3)
Quick Summary
If you've purchased construction materials for a new factory, you generally cannot claim Input Tax Credit (ITC) on these expenses. GST law, specifically section 17(5) of the CGST Act, blocks ITC for goods and services used in the construction of immovable property, even if it's for business purposes.

GST ITC can not claim for construction, reconstruction, renovation, addition of immovable property even when such goods or services or both are used in the course or furtherance of business. However GST is cost of Factory.

@ Mr Rupesh Thote,


Can I claim ITC for it?
can I claim itc of expenditures....??

No... ITC not available for this Construction purpose.

ITC of GST paid on goods and services used for construction of immovable property (factory in your case) is blocked under section 17(5) of the CGST Act.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details