Is gst registration compulsary for this case?

Case1: I am a photographer, want to sell signed prints online, via own website and international marketplace websites. I will sign the print and then send it through courier (DHL / Fedex etc.)  Annual income way less than threshold limit. Do I need to register for GST? I dont want input tax credit / refund etc.

Case 2: Dropshiping prints - if a person in New york order my print, I will get the photo printed through a printing service in chicago and ask him to deliver to the customer. Do I need to register for GST? I dont want input tax credit / refund etc.

I would like to do BOTH above. Will this be treated as Export of goods / zero rated supply? Please let me know with the updated / new rules.

Please see these links -

https://twitter.com/askGST_GoI/status/882947757874356225

https://twitter.com/askGST_GoI/status/884103880266493952

Thanks

Replies (7)

This post is not appearing in forum list - Please help.

if you give service or sales through online it's mandatory for registration
Originally posted by : g mahesh Mundra
if you give service or sales through online it's mandatory for registration

 

I think there was an update regarding interstate services - registration not madatory for providers earning below 20 lakh.

but for online it's mandatory I think
Yes it is compulsory for online business.

For zero rated supply also? Exports? selling only internationally.

yes it's mandatory for all online business whether zero or nil or export

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details