Intimation u/s 143(1) -should tds be reported in schedule it

Intimation U/S 143(1) -Should TDS be reported in Schedule IT

I received a Intimation U/S 143(1) which stated that I have to pay X amount of tax when I have paid the entire X amount via TDS. ie,

According to my Form 16, Amount of tax deposited/remitted in respect of the employee = Rs X

(a) Tax deducted from salary of the employee under Section 192(1) = Rs X

(b) Tax paid by employer on behalf of the employee under Section 192(1A)

In the common errors guide under section 11.0 Tax Payment Schedules, I read that "Under no circumstances, taxpayer should report tax payments made by Deductors as given in Form 16 or Form 16A under Schedule IT. This is meant ONLY to enter tax payments DIRECTLY made by taxpayer himself."

I would like to know if I should enter Tax deducted from salary of the employee under Section 192(1) in Schedule IT or not. Is this the mistake I made while e-filing my taxes?

Any advise would be of great help.

Replies (3)

Yes, the amount of TDS shown in Form-16 is to be shown in Schedule-IT in the ITR. If TDS is not shown in your ITR, than your ITR will show that TDS amount as Tax Payble by you.

TDS has its own space to be reported in ITR

 

schedule TDS1 for salary and schedule TDS 2 for TDS other than salary, please ensure that you have filled these correctly

Thanks for your quick responses. Now I know I came to the right place.

I had specified TDS from salary under TDS2 section and not in TDS1 section. I believe that was the problem.

For some reason the form for AY 2011-2012 didnot clearly mention which one was for TDS from Salary. I looked at the form for last year and it clearly said TDS1 was for TDS from Salary :)

So now I think I will have to specify the BSR Code, Date of Deposit, Serial Number of Challan, Amount from my Form 16's Annexure B in Schedule IT Section and TDS from salary under TDS1 section.

Am I right this time?

Thanks in advance.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details