Interest on refund paid by the CPC is lower then eligible

Dear Colleagues

I have received intimation from the CPC and on verification I found that interest is paid to me is lower than I am eligible. It is almost half then eligibility.

 

Also in case of my clients, in some cases, refund interest is received less.

 

Is there any rules that refund is to be calculated at half rate in case of late filing of ITR?

 

Whether I am given right interest? If not, then what can I do? What are the remedies available?

 

Reply soon

 

Thanks in advance

Replies (2)

interest is paid by incometax from the date of passing the order of refund.

Originally posted by : U S Sharma

interest is paid by incometax from the date of passing the order of refund.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details