Inspirational Poem

I ran into a stranger as he passed by
 


 

I ran into a stranger as he passed by.
"Oh, excuse me please" was my reply.
He said, "Please excuse me too;
I wasn't even watching for you."


We were very polite,
this stranger and I.
We went on our way
and we said good-bye.
But at home
a different story is told,
How we treat our loved ones,
young and old.

Later that day,
cooking the evening meal,
My Son stood beside me
very still.

When I turned,
I nearly knocked him down.
"Move out of the way,"
I said with a frown.

He walked away,
his little heart broken.
I didn't realize how harshly
I'd spoken.
While I lay awake in bed,
God's still small voice came to me and said,
"While dealing with a stranger,
common courtesy you use.
The children you
love, you seem to abuse.

Look on the kitchen floor,
You'll find some flowers there by the door.
Those are the flowers he brought for you.
He picked them himself, pink, yellow and blue.

He stood quietly
not to spoil the surprise,
And you never saw the tears
in his eyes."
By this time,
I felt very small
And now my tears
began to fall.
I quietly went
and knelt by his bed;
"Wake up, little one,
wake up," I said.
"Are these the flowers
you picked for me?"
He smiled, "I found 'em,
out by the tree.
I picked 'em because
they're pretty like you.
I knew you'd like 'em,
especially the blue."
I said, "Son, I'm sorry
for the way I acted today;
I shouldn't have yelled
at you that way."
He said,
"Oh, Mom,
that's okay.
I love you anyway."
I said, "Son,
I love you too,
and I do like the flowers,
especially the blue."

 

Replies (7)

nice one!

good one.

Beautiful poem!!!

 Really very heart touching 

 

Really nice poem............

I have tears in my eyes............ good post.......

really a beautiful poem....

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details