input tax credit for sale of capital goods

I am a dealer from Goa. If I  purchase goods  locally with VAT @ 12.5%  and sell to an industrial unit (local)  as capital goods with VAT @ 4%  against declaration in form 30 (form 30 is for purchase of capital goods) , will  I get input credit @ 12.5% or 4% ?

Replies (3)

credit will be avalable only for 12.5%, not 4% b'coz that is your liability which shall be setoff against the credir taken ..

The rate is based on the classification of the product. The CENVAT credit is based on the input being used for the unexempted output.

Accordingly the credit is based on the amount of VAT rather than the % of VAT

 

Originally posted by :Thomas
" I am a dealer from Goa. If I purchase goods locally with VAT @ 12.5% and sell to an industrial unit (local) as capital goods with VAT @ 4% against declaration in form 30 (form 30 is for purchase of capital goods) , will I get input credit @ 12.5% or 4% ? "

Thanks for the replies.  When I enquired with the VAT commissioner in Goa, He informed me that input credit can be claimed to the extent of 4%  and the balance 8.5% is forfeited. In other words , the dealer has to bear the 8.5% loss for an exemption given to a manufacturer if he considers the goods to be capital goods.. I feel this is unfair since neither the VAT Act nor the rules specify this point. Any  comments will be apreciated  (even from other states as VAT rules are mostly uniform).

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details