Income tax - Service tax

 I  have  a travel website where I offer rooms from various hotels to the visitors. I am collecting advance amount from the clients. I keep my service charge and  the balance i will transfer to the respective hotel.

Do I want to pay tax on the collected amount or only to the amount of my service charge.


I am getting some foreing clients also. I use the Pay Pal account.

 

With best regards,

john

Replies (2)

Payment made to the hotels by you on your clients' behalf is not your income, hence no income tax or service tax. The amount you charge for your services attracts service tax. The income you earn on service provided will be taxed under income from business & profession.

your service charge means commission on booking, so the gross commission should be taken as business receipt, gross commission is liable for service tax above 10L

you have to calculate profit from such commission income and add that income to your taxable head under profit and gains of business and profession.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 October 2026
SALES TELECALLER

HIRE NOVA

Lucknow

Graduate (Any)

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 08 October 2026
ARTICLE TRAINEE

S.B.G. & CO. CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details