Easy Office
LCI Learning

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 3

CA. Umesh kumar (ca.umesh11@gmail.com) (1465 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Tax payer and some tax consultant file ITR showing incorrect claim like increased amount of 80c deduction, wrong HRA claim, lower salary etc to get refund. computer cross check it from TDS return filed by employer and suspend processing of ITR and it is to be transferred to jurisdictional assessing officer for manual scrutiny in which tax payer has to submit proof of their claim and if found incorrect penalty may be levied. So if refund claim is correct then reply yes if it is incorrect then file revised return.You may contact me, Umesh Kumar, CA- 9717597230

1 Like

Jaideep Roy (Service) (34 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Is this only limited to salaried tax payers or business people are also getting this type of response for refund claims?

Reena (Partner) (221 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

What option to select if the return was already revised last year? The acknowledgment no. they have mentioned in the email is the one which was already notified as defective and was then revised last year. So what option should we select now?

Vijay Anand (2 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

I have received this email please advise

pintu (dev) (30 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

I too got the same email.

Your Income Tax Return has been selected under risk management process wherein your confirmation is required on the claim of refund. You are requested to submit your response in the e-Filing Portal post login by selecting either of the following options:

• The claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief
  • Return of Income is being revised wherein, correct claim of refund shall be made

To submit the above mentioned response, please login to e-Filing portal, Go to Worklist->For Your Action-> Response for Refund Confirmation.

Please verify the claims made in your Return of Income filed and submit your response accordingly. In case of any incorrect claims, please revise your Income Tax Return (ITR) .

Please submit your response within 10 days of receipt of this e-mail

Please advise

Prithviraj Sethi (6 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

This is the first year that such messages have been sent, let's keep it simple if the refund is correct choose option1 if not use option 2 and revise the return, this is a second level verification by the risk team and has been identified by the system for scrutiny

CA ARSH INAMDAR (CA) (29 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Assessees having income from business / other sources are also receiving such emails

MURUGES (student) (70 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

My client is doing business and they also got this mail from the department

Nitin Nagia (2 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Hi radhika ,

You wrote that you received this message last time also so what was the result of the same?

.Pls share

I THINK MOST OF THE PEOPLE HAVE RECEIVED SAME QUERY FROM IT DEPARTMENT THAT TOO YESTERDAY @ 21 JAN 2019 .

pls correct me ..

Rajesh Kannan (Working) (46 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

I working and I failed to claim my hra during my TDS process. Towards hra I have rental agreement rent receipt and pan card of land lord. Are they suffice the requirement for proof if requested.

(Guest)

Same here.. I have replied as "The claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief".

Rahul (Practice) (74 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

We have also received the same from IT Department. Its add-on process initiate by Income tax department. Once you agree they will process your refund. than after they will not allow you to rectify or revised the return. if you have conceal the income or give inaccurate details in computation than they can initiate penalty may be 100 to 300%. if you think you shown all your income and correct deduction, you can choose "agree" and enjoy refund. thanking you

Anand Dalal (3 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Dear Taxpayer,

It is seen that a claim of refund has been made in the Income Tax Return (Acknowledgement No. 715682270050718) for Assessment Year 2018-19 filed by you on 05-JUL-2018.

Your Income Tax Return has been selected under risk management process wherein your confirmation is required on the claim of refund. You are requested to submit your response in the e-Filing Portal post login by selecting either of the following options:

• The claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief
  • Return of Income is being revised wherein, correct claim of refund shall be made

To submit the above mentioned response, please login to e-Filing portal, Go to Worklist->For Your Action-> Response for Refund Confirmation.

Please verify the claims made in your Return of Income filed and submit your response accordingly. In case of any incorrect claims, please revise your Income Tax Return (ITR) .

Please submit your response within 10 days of receipt of this e-mail.

Please ignore this mail, if you have already submitted your response.

danish badar (Accounts Officer) (29 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Dear All Please note that this is not Scrutiny or any other assessment procedure. There is no need to be worried in this regard. You should just follow the instruction given in the E Mail and submit your response. No body is aware in respect of this Risk Management Process because as such there is no specific provision in Income Tax Act 1961, But the ITO may seek any information for better clarity and understanding regarding the Assesses or any other person under various sections of Income Tax Act. This E Mail has been shoot by Compliance Management Team of Income Tax Department. You may get in touch with them through Toll Free No. 18001034215 or may go to the website https://report.insight.gov.in/reporting-webapp/portal/homePage. I have Inquired the same and they replied through an another E Mail that "This is a campaign mail for submitting response under Claim of Refund in your Income Tax Return" Well at present the conclusion is that there is no need to be worried as this is not an assessment procedure of Income Tax Department. Regards CA Danish Badar
1 Like

Amit Pujara (Asst. Manager (Finance))   (22 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

What is the amount of refund and under what sections TDS has been deducted? If refund amount is more than 50K or you have income under other sources then you're more likely to receive such notice.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: