Easy Office
LCI Learning

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 4

deepak kumar (firm) (68 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Hey,

I was claimed correct refund in return. but I choose the second option. what can I do revise return o rnot

With Regards,

Deepak

DEEPANSH JAIN (30 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

all are getting same mail .!

CA Sachin M Jain (CA | GST | Refunds | Advisory | Litigation)   (1313 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Dear Abhilash Nair,

For the mail you have received, you just need to login and select the either option and the refund shall be processed accordingly by the IT Department.

For further assistance you may contact me CA Sachin Jain - 8097515447.
1 Like

Kaustubh (.) (28 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

This has been usually observed in cases where refund amount is above INR 30,000. This is a new process by Income Tax Department. To tackle this, login to your e filing account > Go to Worklist > For Your Action > Response for Refund Confirmation > Select this claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief and click on submit

Rahul Garg (28 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Hi, I am a Delhi based practising CA and there is no issue with these emails received from tax department. Please verify the amount and submit your response online saying the refund is correct. In case of any issue, you can contact me at 9891091307. thanks

DP BANSAL (3 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

I don't think that such type of massages are sent by the I T Department.

shiva (Qualified chartered Accountant)   (21 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

It will come only if filing of both original and revised returns for the same assessment year and having different amounts of refund in both original as well as revised.. It dep jusk asking refund claimed by you as per original is true to the best of knowledge or claim as per revised return is correct?

Gagan Preet (8 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

send this to ask @ incometax.gov.in for more clarification..

(Guest)
Originally posted by : shiva
It will come only if filing of both original and revised returns for the same assessment year and having different amounts of refund in both original as well as revised.. It dep jusk asking refund claimed by you as per original is true to the best of knowledge or claim as per revised return is correct?

It can come for any kind of return whenever there is a refund claimed.

danish badar (Accounts Officer) (29 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

Which section gives the power to Income Tax Department to disallow the Revision of ITR under section 139(5) or Rectification of Return under section 154(1). Rectification or Revision of ITR is not possible only when an assessment procedure has been initiated by the Income Tax Department. There are only 4 Assessment Procedures in Income Tax Act as given below:

Scrutiny Assessment U/S 143(3)

Best Judgement Assessment U/S 144

Income Escaping Assessment U/S 147

Search and Seizure assessment U/S 153a  

All Other Assessments (Self Assessment and Summary Assessment etc.) are just termed as Assessment but should not take in that way which may prohibits the Assesses to Revise or Rectify the ITR.

Avinash Gupta (12 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

don't have any fear with this mail. some of the people are claiming incorrect refund by escaping income. income tax department has collected this information from their source. As the number of cases may in lakhs so they are providing an opportunity to correct the claim. if you shown correct income or credit of TDs then choose option 1 or 2for revising the return as the case may be
1 Like

Bimal Desai (44 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

just login into efiling and go to "for your action" and select option as:

The claim of refund is correct to the best of my knowledge and belief, provided your refund is genuine.

PALLAV PARASHAR (2 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

this is not scrutiny letter..just confirm your point under profile section after login

PFC CHANDIGARH (2 Points)
Replied 22 January 2019

The above mail is received, when there is problem in bank details filled in ITR

(Guest)

Have gone through the replies and saw many have got this same mail. Some additional info on my post for the benefit of all below as I saw there were a few queries

• Have verified bank details, they are correct. Have received all  previous years refund in same account via NEFT and also never took more than 60 days from date of e-verification. This is the first time it has took so much time (its almost 6 months after i filed the return and yesterday I got the mentioned mail)
  • This is my original return and was filed before end of last date which was Aug 31 2018. And there are no revised returns.
  • The refund amount is greater than 1L

, I consulted one of my known person who is CA, he told it is nothing to worry and as per his advise I selected Option 1 in the as the response.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: