Easy Office
LCI Learning

Income tax return has been selected under risk management process

Page no : 102

Rahul Kumar (13 Points)
Replied 19 January 2021

I also got the intimation for refund but refund hasn't reflected yet. 

Rahul Kumar (13 Points)
Replied 19 January 2021

I also got the intimation for refund but refund hasn't reflected yet. 

Siva Appikonda (Chartered Accountant) (175 Points)
Replied 19 January 2021

Hi Mr. Ahkil, Let me explain through steps wise, Step 1 : You have have selected option 1. Step 2 : Now again you have filed a revised return for your original return. Step 3 : If in case IT Department Processed your Original return instead of revised one. Step 4 : You will receive your refund which is claimed as per your original return. Step 5 : Now they will look into your revised return and they will process this return too and sends an outstanding demand, if in case refund amount is lesser than refund mentioned in your original return. Now simply you have to pay back difference amount of refund which you have received in excess of your revised refund. If you are not interested to pay back your refund, there is other process too, for that you need to contact your CA.

Siva A CA

Tax Contact (Proprietor) (6 Points)
Replied 19 January 2021

Hi Mr. Ahkil, 
Let me explain through steps wise, 
Step 1 : You have have selected option 1. 
Step 2 : Now again you have filed a revised return for your original return. 
Step 3 : If in case IT Department Processed your Original return instead of revised one. 
Step 4 : You will receive your refund which is claimed as per your original return. 
Step 5 : Now they will look into your revised return and they will process this return too and sends an outstanding demand, if in case refund amount is lesser than refund mentioned in your original return. Now simply you have to pay back difference amount of refund which you have received in excess of your revised refund.

If you are not interested to pay back your refund, there is other process too, for that you need to contact your CA. 

Siva A CA

Akhil Manuel (4 Points)
Replied 19 January 2021

Thank you shiva and Harsha. Can you please tell me the other process if i am not interested to pay back the amount that got refunded.

Replied 20 January 2021

Hi Ahkil,

Call us @ 85 - Two- Two-857-OO8
SA & Associates

Tapa001 (Service) (22 Points)
Replied 26 January 2021

So finally I received my intimation 143(1) yesterday. I received risk management email on 5th January and replied back with option 1 on 5th January. However I noticed that my HRA exemption was wrong on 11th Jan and immediately I filled a revised 139(5) ITR on 11th. In my ITR intimation revised acknowledgement number was mentioned and refund amount was as per revised ITR. No status changes in portal so far, everything remains same, no status changes in the portal. Still original is showing on progress and revised is e-verified. I will keep posting the updates here. 

Replied 28 January 2021

Update: As of today, 11 AM, no changes on portal, still no updates, however NSDL site has been updated and showing refund information has been forwarded to SBI.

Attached File : 3274194 20210128113712 img 20210128 113557.jpg downloaded: 60 times

Replied 29 January 2021

Update: Refund amount got credited this morning. No changes in the status. 

Divyanshu Sharma (2 Points)
Replied 31 January 2021

HI 

I have received mail to respond under worklist > for your action 

response need to be submitted within30 days,( 5th Feb ) how ever when i opened portal today there was no actions pending. What to do in this case ?

Regards

Divyanshu

Murali Nadarajah (179 Points)
Replied 02 February 2021

I received intimation on 28th December but tax refund not credited yet. It is more than a month now. Bank account validated. CPC morons are useless.   

Any clue?

Thank you 

Hajarath (Na) (22 Points)
Replied 04 February 2021

Hi,

I received today risk management on 5th January and replied with option 1 on same day. But till now I didn't get any response from incomtax department. Please let me know if any have still face same problem.

gaurav shah (14 Points)
Replied 04 February 2021

Same with me. I had also replied with option 1 on 6th Jan but no update till now.

Replied 04 February 2021

Hope for the best in case if you have selected option 1... For some assessees IT DEPARTMENT will also come up with further notice which will asks you to further provide supporting documents for which you have claimed deductions under various sections.In case if you provide your documents, matter will be closed and refund will be processed.. 🙏

Jeet O (2 Points)
Replied 08 February 2021

Has anyone received further notification from IT dept asking for supporting documents on either selecting option 1 or 2 (revise)?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: