Income tax refund order advice

Dear Members,

Today, my organisation received a Income Tax refund order advice from State Bank of India regarding the refund for the AY 2010-11 by saying this refund was adjusted against the demand for AY 2008-09. When I checked the refund status in the Form 26AS, no income tax credit is showing in AY 2008-09.

1. No refund is showing in Form 26AS in AY 2010-11
  2. Tax credit was not shown in From 26AS in AY 2008-09.

How can I confirm the status of this refund.

B Bala Pullaiah

you need to see your ITR V of 2008-2009 and 2010-2011 after cserdering the fact according to you,you may file the demand of refund on income tax site,if any.

Practising CA

You have to check whether PAN No has been correctly mentioned by the deductor in TDS certificate issued to you.  Contact the deductor to revise the return , if possible. Otherwise, attach photocopy of TDS Certi, with an application mentioning the facts, and contact the jurisdictional ITO. 

Practising CA

You have to check whether PAN No has been correctly mentioned by the deductor in TDS certificate issued to you.  Contact the deductor to revise the return , if possible. Otherwise, attach photocopy of TDS Certi, with an application mentioning the facts, and contact the jurisdictional ITO. 

Deputy Manager- Finance

Check the TDS Certificates and if there is any Refund it will be shown in 26AS. So pls check the TDS Certificates. Agreed with Mr. Paras Reply

I have a strong feeling that your PAN has been wrongly noted. Otherwise I do not see any other reason for this lapse. So firstly check and then double check the PAN. If it is right you can attach a copy of the required documents (including the TDS certificate) and meet the concerned official at the Income Tax Office you are required to submit your returns at. Carry an application clearly stating the facts and something should come out of it.

Regards

Priya Awasthi

efiling of income tax

If assessee is ST then how refund interest will be treated.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU