Income as per form 26as which has not been included

Rajubhai Rathod (Salaried) (46 Points)

19 March 2018  

Hi!

Today I have received message and email from income tax with below message.

Dear MY NAME;

Your return for AY 2017-18 bearing Ack. No. XXXXXXXXXXXX was taken up for processing and on verification it was found that it contains arithmetical errors/ incorrect claims/ inconsistencies with respect to Audit Report /Form 26AS and the same is indicated in the table annexed.

2. You are required to provide your response to this communication by electronic mode using your account on the e-filing website, wherein a link has been enabled showing the pending actions. If you agree with the differences indicated in the table annexed, a) either fully, or b) partially,

You may exercise your option of filing a revised return, so that the omissions in the return of income can be completely taken care of within the meaning of section 139(5).

3. However, you have also been afforded a facility in the e-filing portal to state the extent to which you are in agreement with the difference as indicated in the table. For the disagreed portion, please provide the amount and the reason for such disagreement.

4. The procedure to provide your response is as follows:

a) Please log on to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ with your user ID and password.

b) Go to E-proceeding tab -> E assessment/proceedings link

c) In order to submit your response, click on the submit hyperlink under Response column.

5. The differences mentioned are on the basis of entries in the form 26AS as on the date of compilation. However, if there are any further changes to the said form 26AS, consequently affecting the differences/computation, the same may be included/explained in your online response.

As per information given in attached PDF File

Income as per Form 26AS which has not been included in computing the total income in the return-143(1)(a)(vi)

I have checked my 26AS and I have found that my bank have deducated TDS from interest which I have not mentioned in my original return. I understand that I have made mistake. I am trying to file revised return but its giving me error that

return type in income details cannot be revised if return not filed under section 139(5)

What should I do for solve my issue ?

Thanks