ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Importance of cfa ??

Arindam Basu Mullick (CA-IPCC) (45 Points)

22 April 2013  

I am a student of CA Inter. I was thinking of taking up another course with CA and decided upon CFA. But I found out that its very costly and it could take more than Rs. 1 lakh to complete the course. So I want to know the relevance of CFA, especially in India and whether I would be able to recover more than I invest in the future.

It would be also appreciated if anyone could suggest any other appropriate course combination with CA.

14 Replies

(Guest)

Go for CFA (US) its a good combination with CA if you are interested in Financial Sector. Cost will be more than 1 lacs but you will recover it in 1st or 2nd month salary. 

For more details refer CFA site https://www.cfainstitute.org

1 Like

Utkarsh Kumar Singh (CA-IPCC and CS- Executive B.COM)   (37 Points)
Replied 22 April 2013

Dear Arindam,

for now u cannot take CFA wid CA for now. 

Eligibility criteria:

• or be in the final year of your bachelor's degree program at the time of registration*
  • or have four years of professional work experience (does not have to be investment related)
  • or have a combination of professional work and college experience that totals at least four years. Part-time positions do not qualify, and the four-year total must be accrued prior to enrollment.

CA n CFA both have different expertise. A CA is a expert in A/C, Audit (generaly) n as a CFA ur job profile will b mostly investment n banking sector..
CFA is a expensive course but it is certainly high return course with huge international exposer.

for now if u want to do a course along wid CA u always have a option to do CS or CMA depending upon your interest.

i would advice do ur CA first n CS or CMA along wid it. and after 4 years of professional job experiance if u are still intrested to study more or go into investment or banking sector u can get urself registred wid CFA (US).

FOR MORE DETAILS VISIT : https://www.cfainstitute.org

UTKARSH SINGH

CA-IPCC

1 Like

Replied 22 April 2013

Dear Utkarsh Singh, Thanx a lot for your reply and the info on CFA. Initially I thought of going for CS but then I am not too fond of theory & CS is completely law oriented, hence I had to dump CS. I even thought of CMA but isn't CMA too similar to CA in terms of course contents? I checked that I would get exemption in many subjects of CMA if I am doing CA because of the course similarity. So I don't think CA+CMA would be as diverse a combination as CA+CS or CA+CFA. What do you think? Arindam

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 22 April 2013

@ arindam ans to all ur  queries is in this thread 

/forum/-official-cfa-thread-for-ca-cs-students-193593.asp

PEACE*

1 Like

Utkarsh Kumar Singh (CA-IPCC and CS- Executive B.COM)   (37 Points)
Replied 22 April 2013

Dear Arindam,

Buddy CMA n CA course content might b similar. but pl. check final syllabus its slightly different. n in cma ur costing will b expertised wid reference to COST ACCOUNTING STANDARDS.

If u wish to work in industry CA wid CMA is the best combination. if ur interest is in investment, banking sector, stock market CA wid CS is a better opt. after ur CA if u r willing to do CFA, CA wid CS will help u more.

I'm also a CS-CA Executive/ IPCC student. Yes CS is more of a theory course but it has its own field of work. infact in the new company bill CS powers n importance has also increased. CS n CMA are sister course of CA so there will b similarity between syllabus.

like i said earlier combination of course should not b content based rather it should b interest based. but before joining any course with CA. do keep in mind about its training structure.

UTKARSH SINGH

1 Like

CS Kavita Surana (Company Secretary) (25 Points)
Replied 23 April 2013

Hi,

The suggestions above mentioned were apt for the query. I think MBA will be the best conmbination with CA as it gives the thorough knowledge of managerial skills and expertise. In case u don want to explore in the similar field, this can be a gud option. MBA from recognised university will be an added advantage for CFA as well. With more avenues in the field of CSR, Strategy Mgmt professionals with MBA are preferred as well.

Kavita

1 Like

Replied 23 April 2013

Dear Espionage, Are there any tuition or examination centres for taking tuitions or appearing for CFA exams in Kolkata ?

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Arindam Basu Mullick

Dear Espionage,

Are there any tuition or examination centres for taking tuitions or appearing for CFA exams in Kolkata ?

Location for exams are available on website address I gave earlier its Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore..

Classes not required refer Schweser notes and prepare your own short notes...

1 Like

espionage (human being...) (769 Points)
Replied 24 April 2013

@ arindam dude have confidence in urself.. dont blindly go looking for classes.... ca students have this insecurity ke pehle classes lelo... buddy... if u think the tutor can teach u better than urself then ur a fool..... teach urself do some reaserch..... ull hit gold. 

*PEACE*

Replied 24 April 2013

Dear Espionage, I was just asking coz I am totally unaware about this course & its contents and by tuition I meant guidance or notes & not just day n night classes. I completely agree with you about self study & research, more so coz I passed CA Inter Grp 1 widout ne tuition & now appearing for Grp 2 also widout ne tuition. Self confidence & self study are important in every course in the world. But a little bit of professional assistance (if possible) always helps. Thanx.

Pradeep (Credit manager @ HDFC bank)   (26 Points)
Replied 28 April 2013

Dear Friend
I have the same thing in my mind.. I want to do an addl course along with ca but unable to find which one would be the best.. I too dont like theory,but i love practical subjects.. Pls let me knw if there are any courses which are practical oriented or less theory oriented which can be done paralelly and adds value to our profile

CA virender kumar (Job) (227 Points)
Replied 27 May 2013

CAN ANYONE LET ME WHICH KIND OF EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED FOR CFA. I MEAN THE INDUSTRTY IN WHICH EXPERIENCE WILL BE TAKE IN TO CONSIDERATION. THANKS IN ADVANCE

abhishek agarwal (cwa final) (93 Points)
Replied 04 July 2013

sanjay saraf gives classes for cfa in kolkata..

Santosh Mahape (CFA) (29 Points)
Replied 16 August 2013

Those interested in CFA, do check this link

www.houseofknowledge.in

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags