Easy Office
LCI Learning

IIM-Calcutta VS. ICAI -Salary

Page no : 3

jose.p (CA in service) (1676 Points)
Replied 23 June 2010

To shinoj; if u wanna compare all CAs so far with all MBAs so far; let's do it. The business started by them will obviously be 1000x times more than all the CAs.You may refer to "Stay hungry stay foolish"

Replied 23 June 2010

Tum log toh aise bol rahe ho ki IIM mein admission yuhi mil jaegaa. CA pass karo; kaam karo aur iim mein mba karo. as if it is a walk in the park.

shinoj (ab) (1201 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Hey Junta,

fight still goes on...

@ Jose

u r correct when u say top institutes not onlyi IIMs but other insitutes have btter quality than Ca...u r right...except rank holders the quality of CA  is just an avearge only................but dear  when i say do CA n take work ex students i mean to say those good students only who completd CA with rank on in 1st attempt.......yeh to sahi hai jab CA hi jaldi nahi hoga to IIM kya other institue bhi nahi milega...2-3 of senior friends made it to IIMs r also CA+CS...but all got rank in ca or cs or both.............

Vikrant (Chartered Accountant) (601 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Hey Jose haven't you read the post completely i said that both the profession have their own importance.........

Let me tell you one thing the whole syllabus of MBA is just 40% of the CA syllabus............

That is if you have done your CA properly then you won't need to put much effort in your MBA............

CA is the perfect match for MBA finance........

But if you have done MBA you will need much more effort in doing CA...............

And only those who do MBA from few top institutes in India have got those big placements , otherwise i have seen people who have done MBA working for a salary b/w 10000-20000 p.m. 

Vikrant (Chartered Accountant) (601 Points)
Replied 24 June 2010

Jose u can,t compare professions. Each of them has their positive as well as negative aspects..............................

MS SAMEER (CMA*CA*CMDM*ast FUND MANAGER*LEGAL ADVISOR)   (14938 Points)
Replied 06 July 2010

Don't compare any course with CA

Replied 06 July 2010

well; i have just compared. Usually; just like in cricket our news channels compare indian cricket with aussie cricket bcoz they feel that is the benchmark of performance; same with CA and MBA. Jitna percentage bhi syllabus; we can see the end result. By learning 60 pc less syllabus; the people earns many times more than the CA.

Jeet Biswas (ACMA (in Service)) (5073 Points)
Replied 07 July 2010

Come on...is it just abt the syllabus! MBA people study 40% of CA syllabus. So? Do CAs use 100% of the syllabus in thr professional life?

CA's Costing is tougher than ICWA's. the New topics included in MAFA/SFM are a lift from CFA. Perhaps, ICAI wants CAs to become CAs, CWAs, CFAs & much more-all in one.

And if MBA has 60% lesser syllabi than CA, it has 100% more impetus on personality development, soft skills etc. You are a different person when u pass out of a premier bschool. In CA, ur knowledge level may grow by leaps & bounds...BUT...many members cannot write/speak one sentence of english correctly.

And finally, whatever we say, CA better than Mba or Mba better than CA...things will be the same. Our debates alone, wont take up the market value of CA. 

josepanesar (starworld) (56 Points)
Replied 07 July 2010

sahi bola , jeet bhai, apne. These people should accept the truth.

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 07 July 2010

Agree with Jeet except the CFA part. CA Final SFM does not even touch upon what international CFA covers......

Jeet Biswas (ACMA (in Service)) (5073 Points)
Replied 08 July 2010

actually i only talked Only abt the Additions made to the MAFA curriculum.

Never compared SFM with CFA. Tht wud be a funny comparison given that the chapters of SFM are few of the full fledged Subjects in CFA.

@ Koolleo87: I'm aware that you are doing CFA(US) as well and i had no intention to demean the same. Infact I'd like to do it myslf in future. So dont get me wrong on that.

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 08 July 2010

@ Jeet. I have read quite a few of your posts and knew it had to be a mis interpretation by me. :)

Priya (article) (503 Points)
Replied 23 May 2011

IIM calcutta had started its GMPAP(general mgmt prog. for accounts professional) a distance learning course especially for ca in 2009. Whether anyone knows what is its value? its fees is 250000rs...whether it is worth doing ???

C.A Manish Arya (C.A, M.B.A) (408 Points)
Replied 25 May 2011

Check this out too..... /forum/icai-vs-iim-a-144279.asp

GAURAV PANJWANI (Chartered Accountant) (65 Points)
Replied 20 January 2012

Shiboj .. buddy Go for IIM and study CA as a hobby ... then tu bhi khush humsab bhi khush,,,

And BTW Iam proud to be a part of CA curriculum

**PEACE**

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: