Igst instead of cgst and sgst

I paid IGST instead of cgst and sgst and filled gstr3b but correctly filled gstr1 and also paid cgst and sgst while filling next month gstr3b. Since I paid GST twice on a particular goods first wrongly IGST and then cgst and sgst what are the remedies available out of the following

1) since in coming months I have output IGST liability can I file gstr3b without paying tax since I have already paid IGST in preceeding month wrongly.

2) if refund is the only option then how to file refund application since on GST portal there is no option of refund in case of wrongly paid GST.

Replies (1)
1. Yes... You can set off the Wrongly paid amount in Your next GSTR 3B Return Of you have any tax liability under IGST... If Your Cash Ledger is available...

2. Yes... You can claim the amount if it's above 1k... File refund application...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details