Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Igst credit on imports

rajesh rockz (5 Points)

02 June 2018  

Hello sir,

Sir I am importer of raw MAGNESITE..

Recently imported raw MAGNESITE for Rs.10 lakhs and paid 10.34% as custom duty of Rs.1,03,400 approx I have to receive IGST of Rs.50,000 

I have filled this IGST amount of Rs.50,000 in GSTR 3B

I need to know how I can confirm that this IGST amount has reached my account.. what is the proof of that??

How can we confirm that it has been reached our account?? 

Plzz tell me

Has anyone you is doing import has any proof that it reached your account??

17 Replies

vikram kerekar (1181 Points)
Replied 02 June 2018

pls sir u see in gat portal 2A itc reflect or not.

Vinod Babu (24161 Points)
Replied 02 June 2018

Yes. Just check in GSTR 2A. In that table you can check the invoice uploaded by the seller.

rajesh rockz (5 Points)
Replied 03 June 2018

No sir I have checked in 2A it's not reflected..

rajesh rockz (5 Points)
Replied 03 June 2018

Seller is Indian custom house Central government .. but I have not received it , anyone who is facing the same problem

Vinod Babu (24161 Points)
Replied 03 June 2018

In GSTR 2A the invoice is not reflected. You contact the supplier and tell them to account the invoices.

(Guest)
1st you have to pay IGST along with custom duty as per section 3(7) of customs Act and then you can take the credit of the same in GSTR 3B because the definition of input tax includes the IGST paid on imports

Ram Avtar Singh (Nagari Sultanpur U.P.Delhi)   (14228 Points)
Replied 03 June 2018

It should be entered by Importer(Your Company) just like unregistered person purchase in GSTR-2, also Reversed Charges on Freight & Cartage. the you will get its input. 

For the time being you should claim in GSTR3B. and when File GSTR2 enterd manually in your GSTR2 Account.

Gaurav (CA final ) (93 Points)
Replied 14 October 2018

yes i am facing same problem.you have got solution??

Prashant (Accountant) (26 Points)
Replied 17 October 2018

Yes I am also facking same problem.  Can some one else us? 

Ram Avtar Singh (Nagari Sultanpur U.P.Delhi)   (14228 Points)
Replied 27 October 2018

Please wait for GSTR2 will be activate soon. then you will fill himself just like tran1

n delhi (accounts manager) (30 Points)
Replied 27 December 2018

I am facing same problem, I have claimed input paid on custom duty but not appearing in 2A. GST Officer sending notice for mismatch of GSTR3 AND 2A (Input side). please clarify how it should be incorporated in 2A from GST EDP dept.

jayanthi (practice) (22 Points)
Replied 08 January 2019

Check ICEGATE website for IGST validation. 

abubakar (ca) (34 Points)
Replied 04 February 2019

hii friend,Iam also facing the same problem,i also received notice,as igst paid on imports not reflected in gstr 2a 

1 Like

Saifullah Khalid (Autodidact/Curious ) (633 Points)
Replied 05 February 2019

Originally posted by : abubakar
hii friend,Iam also facing the same problem,i also received notice,as igst paid on imports not reflected in gstr 2a 

" Bill of entry " is the main document to prove/claim your IGST paid against Imports of goods  so in response to the notice forward the copy of the "BOE" along with a covering letter to the concerned officer . Its the customs department`s duty to upload your IGST credit so you can not do anything for now ... 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags