Ignou bcom for ca students

Dear friends Please suggest: I am a CA Final student and completed articleship training. I have completed 10+2 from Nepal and then joined CA. Now I want join B.com at IGNOU but I have few doubts. Please help: 1. What is the time duration that I can complete this B.com? (within 1 year so far as I know since I have completed IPCC & training and I will have to give only 6 papers of IGNOU) 2. Will this B.com be recognised as any other bachelor programme for admission in any degree or professional course ?? 3. What is the passing criteria of this B.com ? I mean I have to clear all papers at one go like CA ( group pass) or suppose I pass few papers and fail few papers in one exam and in next attempt I will have to give all papers or only failed papers ?? 4. Is there any practical exam or thesis writing in this B.com ?? Please help. Thanks in advance.
Replies (3)
Originally posted by : Bijay Shrestha
Dear friends Please suggest: I am a CA Final student and completed articleship training. I have completed 10+2 from Nepal and then joined CA. Now I want join B.com at IGNOU but I have few doubts. Please help: 1. What is the time duration that I can complete this B.com? (within 1 year so far as I know since I have completed IPCC & training and I will have to give only 6 papers of IGNOU) 2. Will this B.com be recognised as any other bachelor programme for admission in any degree or professional course ?? 3. What is the passing criteria of this B.com ? I mean I have to clear all papers at one go like CA ( group pass) or suppose I pass few papers and fail few papers in one exam and in next attempt I will have to give all papers or only failed papers ?? 4. Is there any practical exam or thesis writing in this B.com ?? Please help. Thanks in advance.

1. You can complete this programme within a minimum period of 3 years including period of study at ICAI and a maximum period of 6 years. A student once admitted to this programme, his/her registration is valid for 6 years. In case a student fails to complete within 6 years, he/she shall be required to seek re-admission by paying the prescribed fee.
You may refer the prospectus for details of subjects.

2. It is recognised as any other bachelor programme for admission in any degree or professional course.

3. There is credit system in IGNOU. Credit is given for CPT, IPC and papers given at IGNOU. You will get the credit of subects which you have passed. Passing criteria is as follows;
Unsuccessful- Below 35%
Pass- 35% to 49.9%
Second Division- 50% to 59.9%
First Division- 60% and above 

4. You will have to submit assignments which comprise of 30% of total marks.

Thanks mayur for reply. I read somewhere that ipcc passed students are allowed exemption in 4 papers of Bcom in IGNOU. I didn't understand what is that. for Ipcc passed and training completed student , how many papers are required to give in bcom of ignou ???
Thanks mayur for reply. I read somewhere that ipcc passed students are allowed exemption in 4 papers of Bcom in IGNOU. I didn't understand what is that. for Ipcc passed and training completed student , how many papers are required to give in bcom of ignou ???

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article assistant

S.K.Bajpai & Co.

Noida

B.Com

View Details
Company
06 October 2026
Assistant Manager - Audit and Compliance

Ravi K Jain & Co

Noida

Others

View Details
Company
05 October 2026
Senior Accountant

Vision IT Peripherals Pvt Ltd

Mumbai

B.Com

View Details