Thanks for critical comments.
I wish to share my views :
1. Every institute has its own merits and demerits.
2. Both institutes are premier institutes in Commerce Stream.
3. Regarding misconception of minimal scope; I would like to emphasis on the fact that 70% of syllabus of ICAI, ICWA and ICSI is common.
The difference is of depth. A depth in the subject can be had when one has interest in the subjects.
The passing percentage is also 50% in aggregate and 40% in individual subjects. Hence we can't say that a particular stream is better in all respect where such a liberal approach is there to qualify an exam.
So whatever areas of profession one can have with the qualification of a CA, except Statutory Audits; all those areas are open to CWA and CS members as well. For more clarity see the status of a CA student in point number 4 mentioned below.
4. Despite introduction of so many subjects in CA training; there is NO GUARANTEE THAT STUDENT WILL GET EXPERT KNOWLEDGE AND APPLICATION OF ALL THE SUBJECTS.
A student who is pursuing training at a CA firm; whatever is the status of the firm - either Big, Medium or Small; he won't be able to have practical exposure of all. Please see again point no. 3 above.
5. CWA members are also allowed to do audits. So they also have exposure in audits. Many of them are also engaged in taxation, excise and custom, Cost control and cost reduction (Cost Management), ISO 9001-2000 audits etc.
The percentage of traditional practice is still more when we compare it with CA. But most of the CA firms are still being run as proprietory concern and almost all of them are engaged in traditional areas of practice.
A single area is sufficient to give professional serivce efficiently.
6. CA firms hardly run audits for more than 3 months. So rest of areas are altogether different than their core area of practice. Ultimately a student don't become expert in all the areas. Even Big 4 CA firms' students face difficulties in Taxation because they are master in Audits only.
7. Due to rigidity in CA training; some CA students take dummy articleship with the help of their relatives and friends. It questions the INDEPENDENCE OF A CA. Practically we can see to what extent they are really indepedent.
8. A CA firm is allowed to take 10 articled clerksto train where they don't have even 10 Lacs of gross receipts specially in small cities. Now can imagine the quality of CA training particularly in these cases.
The discussion is towards betterment of the things rather than to blame someone. The issue raised is general where most of CA students are involved. When issue is of general nature then surely it should be discussed and we should find out the solutions thereof if something wrong is happening.
(Well developed econonic countries are towards failure which we see now-a-days. It means if we think we are right all the time; then surely one day we will find ourself also in trouble. Why so many banks failed in US despite they claimed as one of the best managed companies?).
So if we don't rectify our mistakes; then one day again we will find that there are very few students in CA profession which happened during the period 1981-1984 and 1990-2000 (as per my experience, right now I cannot provide data).