I am a non-performer, i quit

Dixit Jawahar (CA Finalist) (444 Points)

17 January 2018  

Hi All,

I am a non-performer for the past so many years, if not the attempts as I don't want to mention my attempts here. Every attempt I was attempting the CA final exams with loads of zeal and enthusiasm inspite of having lot of problems at home and at work, with the belief that one day I will be a CA, but all went in vain after the results of CA Final exam, November 2017 were declared.

Like many other CA students I also keep thinking that the next attempt will be good than the previous one and I will be a "Chartered Accountant" in the next attempt. And now I don't have enough courage to keep on writing the exams without any success. Its better I say "QUIT" and concentrate on the job on hand. I think CA is not my cup of tea. I ama lefft with just the 2nd group of my CA final exams which I am appearing for the past 10 years or so, but could not meet with success even in any attempt in these 10 years.

Even if I continue also, there is no guarantee that the May 2018 attempt and the corresponding results will be anything different from the May and Nov 2017 exams and results. Moreover in May 2018, GST is being examined for 75 marks which is a new subject when compared to the existing Indirect tax laws which has Excise and Service tax.

ICAI has ruined my career and I have come to a situation where I am unable to decide what to do as the chances of clearing my group-II looks bleak.

Sorry for bothering you all with my story sofar. All the best for my friends who have shared many motivational stories to keep me going in previous years.Many thanks to them.

Regards

Jawahar