LCI Learning

I am a non-performer, i quit

Page no : 2

(Guest)

chandra (student) (528 Points)
Replied 19 January 2018

Dear Jawahar

You say you are a non-performer, you have lot of problems at home and work

And you say ICAI has ruined your career and blame ICAI because you are unable to decide what to do?

Stop blaming others for your failures. Find out your liking and your inclination. Find out what you are good at and take YOUR OWN decision about your career and your life.

Best of luck

Zafreen Khan (CA ) (117 Points)
Replied 19 January 2018

My name is Zafreen Khan, I am from Uri which is a small town in Baramulla district Kashmir. Now days our small town is bit famous thanks to Hizbul Terrorist. 

In our town there are no classes, forget classes sometimes there is no electricity even internet gets disconnected by Indian Army for security reasons.

I was totally dependent on Institue Study Materials and PM. To write exams I had to shift to Kashmir. There are lot of problems which I faced. 

Being a science student if I can clear without any classes then I can assure you that even you can clear too. Just Try harder this time. Get your concepts clear, Present your paper well and yes have faith in yourself. 

I cleared my First group in November 17 attempt and second group was cleared in November 2016. I am a CA.

4 Like

Dixit Jawahar (CA Finalist) (444 Points)
Replied 19 January 2018

Congrats Zafreen Khan!!!!

Bankim Desai (Senior Accountant) (47 Points)
Replied 20 January 2018

You can try London base ACCA. I am sure 100% you will pass. It is recongised worldwide. My advice is instead of CA do ACCA. 

Bankim Desai (Senior Accountant) (47 Points)
Replied 20 January 2018

You can try London base ACCA. I am sure 100% you will pass. It is recongised worldwide. My advice is instead of CA do ACCA. 

1 Like

komal chandak (Financial consultant) (27 Points)
Replied 20 January 2018

i would like to say .. just "start fresh "... dont have any regret no worry no pressure something best is awaiting for you ..

when you say GST is coming, thats in fact an excellent opportunity to learn and implement the same make the best of this opportunity ..

dont leave hopes..hope is the rope of life ... i am sure the best will happen. Keep faith in yourself i can ensure when you have seen this failure you become a stronger better ready to take any challenges in life...

Its just a phase a matter of time!!! Trust me ...

All the best !!! 

VISHAL GARG (Learning from life) (106 Points)
Replied 20 January 2018

Hello jawahar, My group 2 is also pending.After giving my exam in May 16 i decided to quit because that was my 6th attempt and i felt i am not going to pass.then my relatives suggested me to do some business of my own.Since i decided to start i invest a sum for the same.I felt things were smooth now but after starting the business there always a inner vioce that made me realise that there is something incomplete( which i know its CA). After 15 days of work my parents told me to continue CA because they know what i want from me and what was my expectation.then i closed down business at a loss. Again i joined CA firm for job( by god's grace next day i am on job). Now only 15-20 days left for my result my sir ask me whats your expectations thiss time I was 110% sure that i am going to fail this time also. but I cleared the group and got exmption in sfm which was my weakest subject.

What i want to say never ever loose hope. Even if you quit you regret that if i would i have given another chance may be I am CA. I know you have lost so many years if you become CA in next attempt and work for 30 years more your NPV is still positive bro.

I suggest to join coaching for updating yourself and leave job and devote your 100% this time i am sure you will become CA.

amitagrawal (none) (152 Points)
Replied 21 January 2018

Dear Friend, please don't quit ,it is not a solution of the problem . Please Read the following Poem - When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all uphill, When funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won if he'd stuck it out. Don't give up, though the pace seems slow - You may succeed with another blow. Often the goal is nearer than It seems to a faint and faltering man; Often the struggler has given up When he might have captured the victor's cup, And he learned too late, when the night slipped down, How close he was to the golden crown. Success is failure turned inside out - The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are - It may be near when it seems afar; So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit - It's when things seem worst that you mustn't quit.

arpit (Manager) (247 Points)
Replied 22 January 2018

Dear Firend,

Please remember "To Win a Game You Need To Stay in the Game"

Attached File : 790735 20180122155540 ma ka ashirwad.pdf downloaded: 91 times

srikanth vazrapu (-) (116 Points)
Replied 22 January 2018

ACCA is not recognised in India

Maruti Sanka (2 Points)
Replied 22 January 2018

Hi, 

Hopefully by the this time you might have changed the decision and came back to books. Neverthless, i thought of dropping few lines, in case still you are sticking to your decision. Please don't take decision but take informed decision.

You have choosen a 4 letter word (QUIT ) over 2 letter word (CA ). HOW WISE IT IS ???

4 letter word gives your life long pain with no peace of mind and 2 letter word gives you short term pain with peace of mind for rest of life - CHOOSE WISELY.

PLEASE REMEMBER ONE THING - WHETHER RAIN OR SHINE, HARD WORK IS THE BOTTOMLINE.( 199 FAIL Vs 200 PASS) ONLY CA STUDENTS KNOWS THE VALUE OF 1 ( ONE ) MARK, MINUTE, RUPEE ETC.

DONATE ALL OLD MATERIAL TO NEEDY AND BUY A NEW SET OF MATERIAL AND START AFRESH, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE DOWN, SPEND TIME WITH THE BOOKS.

Akand (A) (27 Points)
Replied 23 January 2018

Jawahar and others,

I recommend that you leave the past and look forward. We cannot be a success in all the fields that we enter. So dont look at the 10 years of CA Final as wasted.  You have gained life experience, an understanding of the world and a certain appreciation of hard work, vision and attitude.

If now at this age, you have developed a fair idea of what is the thing that interests you the most, start doing that now. If accountancy is what you like, drop CA and go for ACCA and/or CPA. In financial analysis is what you like, go for CFA, .... ditto for CMA, CIA, etc. If you like capital markets go for CMT. Please remember that you must do the thing in life that you like the most.

(An acquaintance of mine from the 1980's when one had to write CA inter during articles, after about 6 attempts at CA inter dropped out from it and started a small construction contracting business. He along the way acquired some civil engineering qualification from AMIE or somewhere and today at 57 is a  very successful contractor. Another friend dropped CA after about 10 attempts at Inter and became a real estate broker in Andheri, Mumbai. Today he owns about 16 flats and shops in Andheri West. Another friend similarly today is the group CFO of a large corporate in Delhi. Another fellow I know started a marriage hall business and today owns two halls in Tamil Nadu. One of my relatives tried completing CA in the 1960's but failed; eventually he retired as a deputy secretary level from Kerala government service.)

If you have not developed an idea of what it is that you like, even then don't worry. You are probably good at execution and other things, so concentrate on the job you have in hand and try to excel there. Get married, start a family, help your family and friends as much as you can and do voluntary social work for others. 

Being a CA or not being a CA  is not the end of the world. Don't lose your attitude because of it. Your life is yours and it is in your hands to make of it what you will. Never lose hope.

Ciao

Suresh Pai S (Tax Consultant) (1029 Points)
Replied 23 January 2018

It is not because of your issue. It is because of their stupid valuation criterias. Institute has to adapt to computer based exams.

1 Like

Jayanti Visani (Proprietor) (29 Points)
Replied 23 January 2018

Dear Jawahar,

I understand your state of mind . Its really a sad situation . I sugget you please find out a CA friend having good acadamic record & recently passed . Prepare yourself  for the next exam under his guidance . I see nothing that can stop you . i have seen students with avarage IQ and acadamic records have cleared CA examps in fist attmept . All the best .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: