Hra for two cities

Hi,

In the month of July I have joined new company, however due to certain reasons I was partially working for my previous employer from home & at times in the month I visited the other city also for the previous employer's work, so in that one month I got salary from both employers now in that one month I was having accomodation in two cities too & I have paid rent for both the cities houses. I would like to know whether I will elgible to get HRA exemption upon both the HRA received from employers or  i will be able to claim HRA exemption only upon either of the two

 

Replies (1)

Yeah , you can as nothing is mention in section 10(13A about this disallowance,

However u can calculate both  hra exemption  separately(monthly)

then add both ,and get exemption

HRA is exempt under section 10(13A) to the extent of the minimum of the following three amounts
 

    1. Actual House Rent Allowance received by the employee
    2. Excees of rent paid for the accommodation occupied by him over 10 % of the salary.
    3. 50% of salary where the residential house is situated at Mumbai, Calcutta, Delhi or Chennai and 40% of the salary where the house is situated at any other place.



 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details