How young CA are treated today??

vivek jain (kl) (264 Points)

21 May 2013  

How Big CA Firms and Corporate treat young CA today.

I passed my CA (final) in May 2011 when the results of the CA final were very good as compared to other terms. My parents and brothers were very happy when I passed my CA Final exam. I sat for campus placement from Bangalore.

Following Company selected me in the campus Placement Aug- Sept 2011.

1.     E&Y.

2.     KPMG.

My interview was scheduled on the second day of campus interviews. In KPMG there was a huge queue outside his rooms. I was feeling as if I was standing in the line of the some Public Sector Bank for cash deposit.CA were struggling and pushing each other in line so that they can get a chance for the interview. I was feeling very awkward and embrassing.I was standing with one of my friends for continuous four hours to give interview in KPMG. After that I was called for the Group Discussion with four other CA for G.D they gave us only five minutes for G.D in five minutes they have decided the we all have not qualified for the next round. According to campus rumours, KPMG have selected the required number of candidates they need rest they were doing the formalities. This is how they treat the young CA in campus. In off campus if u have some strong reference they only u can get interview call otherwise you will not get even a interview call.

My E&Y interview was held on the same day. In E & Y, I manage to get through the Group Discussion Round. As time was running out for E &Y, so they advise us to visit their office to complete the remaining round of interview in the next day. The next day I visited their office they told that they have selected the required no of candidates. No vacancy is there right now there in E & Y right now. They will reply only one thing we will get back to you if there is vacancy. But they will never get back to you. In campus I was feeling as if I have acquired some Graduation Degree not a professional degree.CA were pushing each other at each place whether in line or in line for food. No discipline was maintained.

3. After some reference, I gave the interview in Grant Thornton Bangalore one of the most unprofessional and un organized Big CA firm.GT is the black spot in the CA Fraternity and will remain so .I got the call from the HR that please come to Bangalore for interview they did not gave me the interview date, place and timings anything before coming to Bangalore. I went to Bangalore to give interview in GT.GT HR Manager is the big fool person you have ever met. She does not know how to speak. After arriving in Bangalore I call HR manager please give me interview date and timings. I was totally shocked when she told me for next two weeks no interview can be held as all partner of GT are out of town for work. She was such a fool that she could have told me earlier. I was requesting her in phone please give me interview date and timings but she told that you will get all the information after arriving in the Bangalore. She started telling me try in some other CA firms and big four. In Bangalore I did not knew anybody. Because of her unprofessional behaviour I lost around Rs 15,000 for travelling, food and lodging. After two days of continuous calls finally she agreed that my interview will take place on Wednesday at 4.00 P.M.In interview that asked me about AS, laws, Tax etc.After interview one of my friends informed me that one of the junior took my interview who was a B.COM graduate. They were not interested in taking me. She was such a donkey she knew before that no partner was there to take interview but she still called me from Kolkata to Bangalore. She knew that there was no vacancy in black spot Grant Thornton but she still called me. God knows who is wrong and right.

God will punish her in own way. In some way or another God will punish her so that she cannot treat young CA in such way. After interview they did not bother to call me whether I have been selected or not. I called her she told me you are not selected.

N.B:Please share this as much as possible so that it reach every nook and corner of India.