Easy Office
LCI Learning

HOW was TAXATION of PCC\IPCC?

Page no : 4

(Guest)

Hey friends i wrote today Taxation exam. I am PCC stream. I am really happy. I did really well. You can't expect easy paper than this. Actually i didn't read taxation at all. I was reading costing and fm alone in last one month. 

But in income tax, i have good practical exposure in office. That helped lot in this exam. Thanks to articleship atlest for this..

amit vijay (sr executive) (27 Points)
Replied 14 November 2009

How was income tax PE-II paper. In CST one question was from CST rules and was no material to study.

Party (Student) (134 Points)
Replied 15 November 2009

In pcc, question on tds was wrong, 8marks one, cause in transaction it was written abt vaibhav ltd, and asked abt vaibhavI ltd... So i guess its wrong, and in sept journal it was specifically written to not assume mistakes:)

(Guest)
Originally posted by :Party
" In pcc, question on tds was wrong, 8marks one, cause in transaction it was written abt vaibhav ltd, and asked abt vaibhavI ltd...

So i guess its wrong, and in sept journal it was specifically written to not assume mistakes:)
"

I don't under you message. Please clarify.

Replied 15 November 2009

The question you were discussing a few posts ago has a mistake, one place its written vaibhav, other place its written vaibhavi.. Thus the question is wrong..

Avanish Soni ( ) (47 Points)
Replied 15 November 2009

Originally posted by :jose
" overall easy; easy for average student toget around 55.but the theoritical questions on service tax and VAT (some) required a bit deeper understanding.

the first true false questions required students to have exact knowledge of Sections, sub,clauses.So that was difficult. the first one was amendment of finance act 2008.

after reading the paper; i thought i would get 65+.outside the hall i have found some of my silly mistakes(like exempting pension;fee as lecturer at trinidad; and keeping salary from partnership under PGBP.
"

every man thinks like that , happens to every body.........

Rajat (CA Final) (156 Points)
Replied 15 November 2009

Guys...whats the solution for Q4(a) Foreign Co - Heli Ltd.

This 7 mark question was the most tricky question. I assume hardly 1% student would have got it right.

CA Harish Suwalka (Chartered Accountant ( Bhilwara ))   (4125 Points)
Replied 15 November 2009

Originally posted by :Rajat
" Guys...whats the solution for Q4(a) Foreign Co - Heli Ltd.
This 7 mark question was the most tricky question. I assume hardly 1% student would have got it right.
"

i dont think it was that tough....it is from the bais of charge and we required to compute that which income is arise and accrued in india and than tax it @ 40%(Tax rate)

Rajat (CA Final) (156 Points)
Replied 15 November 2009

Originally posted by :Harish
"

Originally posted by :Rajat

"
Guys...whats the solution for Q4(a) Foreign Co - Heli Ltd.
"

i dont think it was that tough....it is from the bais of charge and we required to compute that which income is arise and accrued in india and than tax it @ 40%(Tax rate)
"

Harish...thats why I said it is the most tricky and hardly 1% student would have got it right.  Foreign companies Income like royalty and fees for technical services are taxed at special rate of 10% (and not 40%).

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15607 Points)
Replied 15 November 2009

BUT FRIENDS..... EVERYTHING IS DEPEND ON PAPER CHECKING PATTERN.... SO DONT BE SO EXCITED......

Replied 15 November 2009

Originally posted by :Party
" The question you were discussing a few posts ago has a mistake, one place its written vaibhav, other place its written vaibhavi.. Thus the question is wrong.. "

Wat do you guys think abt this mistake, i think it was deliberate..

CA Sharmistha Dan (Practice-Partner) (109 Points)
Replied 20 November 2009

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: