How to register for dvat/cst for an online/ecommerce shop?

Ronald (Owner) (24 Points)

07 June 2016  

Hello

I am starting a new startup based out of New Delhi, that will sell goods on online marketplaces like amazon, flipkart. Both these websites has a requires VAT+CST as mandatory. I am using App DVAT Msewa recently launched by our Chief Minister. I have few questions as below, please advise -

- Which Dealer Type to use in App registration?
- I do not have PAN of firm, what should I enter here?
- Since it's a new online based startup, I do not own any shop. Initially I will working from home. I am using home address as shop address. Please advise what all things I should keep in mind or follow.
- Few people told me that I need to use Board on my home (shop) as mandatory. But since I am working from Home, is it necessary to put a board.
- Will it turn my home as a commercial building?
- Will it also impact the rates on my electricity bills, water bills?
- Do I need a digital signature to complete this application? I do not have one.
- What is total fees of taking VAT & CST number in Delhi?
- Since, I will receive orders across India, what all other formalities needs to be taken care of?

- It says that I need to take the photo of the establishment, since it's a house, can I submit the photo of front view of my house.

- Do I need to submit the surety in the case of online shop and working from home?

Thanks
Ronald