18 October 2019
SELECTION OF ARTICLES
The articles received from the authors are generally sent for vetting and review to the experts, mostly from among the Editorial Board members, or as per the decision of the Editorial Board to assess the technical aspect and areas of improvements/changes, if any, in the article. However, the final decision about publication of the article is taken by Editorial Board, which is headed by Editor (President of the Institute). Only two articles by the same author are permitted to be published in one Volume Year, except in case of special permission by the Editor. The articles sent for publication in the journal should conform to the following parameters, which are crucial in selection of the article for publication:
- Originality: The article should be original, i.e. not published/broadcasted/hosted elsewhere including any website. A declaration in this regard should be submitted to the Institute in writing at the time of submission of article. Otherwise also every article selected by the Editorial Board is subjected to a strict plagiarism check in line with Editorial Board’s Plagiarism Policy.
- Relevance/Usefulness: The article should be:-
- Relevant to a significant number of CAs and allied professionals
- Raise the issues confronting the professionals
- Contribute towards development of practice of professionals or strengthen them for the challenges of competition, globalisation or technology, etc.
- Preferably be helpful to professionals as guide in new initiatives, procedures, etc.
- Practicality: The article should be of practical value to the CAs and allied professionals. Preferably it should have a direction, raise an issue, expose a problem, fill a need or explain a situation relevant to the professionals.
- Topicality: The article should be topical and should discuss a matter of current interest to the professionals/readers.
- Interest: The article should have the potential to stimulate a healthy debate among professionals.
- Innovation: It should preferably expose the readers to new knowledge area and discuss a new or innovative idea that the professionals/readers should be aware of. It may also preferably highlight the emerging professional areas of relevance to CAs and other allied professionals.
- Clarity/Readability: The article should be written in clear and concise manner. The language should be simple and grammatically correct, with short sentences. The illustrations and tables used should facilitate the comprehension of points being made in the article.
- Technical Soundness: The article should be technically correct and sound.
FORMAT AND WORD LIMIT:
- Word limit: The length of the article should be 2500-3000 words.
- Executive Summary: The article should also have an executive summary of around 100 words.
- Headline/sub-headline: The main headline of the article should be clear, short, catchy and interesting, written with the purpose of drawing attention of the readers. The sub-headlines should preferably not cross the limit of 20 words.
- Manuscripttts: Soft copies of the articles should be submitted through e-mail. The soft copy should be in word (*.doc format) format.
- References:The authors must provide the list of references at the end of article.
- Enclosures: A brief profile of the author, e-mail ID (ICAI email id in case of members), postal address and contact numbers along with his passport size photograph (scanned for e-mail) and declaration regarding the originality of the article as mentioned above should be enclosed along with the article.
- Subject of the e-mail: The subject of the e-mail through which the article is being submitted should mandatorily read as Article for CA Journal.
REVIEW AND OTHER PROCEDURES:
- Review Process: As has been mentioned above, the articles received from the authors are generally sent to the experts for vetting and review and to assess the technical aspect and areas of improvements/changes, if any, in the article. Articles are subjected to blind review, i.e. the names and other details of the author are not passed on to the reviewers. The author is required to make necessary changes in the submitted article as sought by the reviewer and submit the same to the ICAI as soon as possible. However, the decision about publication of the article is finally taken the Editorial Board, which is headed by Editor-in-chief (President of the Institute).
- Copyright Surrender/Honorarium: The authors of the selected articles are required to surrender the copyright of the article in favour of the ICAI in a specific format that will be sent to them by the Editorial Board Secretariat of the Institute. After publication of the article, an honorarium of Rs. 5000 per article will be paid to the author(s). In case of Joint authors, the above mentioned honorarium of Rs. 5000 will be equally divided among the authors. 4 Hours CPE Credit is also provided to every author who is a member of the Institute for each of his/hers article published in the journal.
- Address: The article can be sent to by e-mail at eboard @ icai.in or by post to –
The Chartered Accountant,
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India,
A-29, Sector 62,
NOIDA - 201309
- Rejections: In case the article is found not suitable for publication, the same shall be communicated to the members, preferably by e-mail.
Last updated on 9th March, 2017