Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     03 February 2010

How to Improve Low Marks in Law and Audit

Hi All,

Marks in Audit and Law subjects are very low in this PCC and P.E.-II result. As per my understanding the reason behind this is not low marking. The main reason behind this is lack of concentration in theory paper along with poor presentation and writing skills. 

Kindly appreciate Exam pattern is now practical Question based and not flat Question based so presentation and writing skills becomes very important.

For improved presentation and writing skills I would suggest you to refer answer presented in ICAI suggested answers. Careful observation of ICAI suggested answers is very important. Along with good study focus and observation is also very important to succeed in professional examinations.

Please share what is your opinion in this regard.

Regards

17 Replies

CA KRIPA HARISH

CA KRIPA HARISH (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT)     03 February 2010

Yeah wat u said is correct sir.... And also not concentrating in business ethics and communication

Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     03 February 2010

Originally posted by : s.kripa harish

Yeah wat u said is correct sir.... And also not concentrating in business ethics and communication

Correct observation my friend.

Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     04 February 2010

Kindly share some suggestions to improve the situation.

Rajasekaran.K

Rajasekaran.K (articled Company secretary)     04 February 2010

I would also like the students to have a glimpse of the guideline answers given by ICSI and compare them with ICAI's..This I suggested to one of my friends and he passed law ... As you know ICSI answers are one step ahead from those of ICAI.  So a comparative "go-through" of these will help in presenting the better answers... this is not time consuming either...

2 Like
Rajasekaran.K

Rajasekaran.K (articled Company secretary)     04 February 2010

Probably my junior friends should first know the provisions of the section first.  they should try to study from the bare act ( it will be irritating; but as a future professional, interpretation skills have to be developed too)... Later during study leave they can use text books to complete revisions....

ANIRBAN DAS

ANIRBAN DAS (CMA, B.Com, CA Final,)     04 February 2010

i feel that the institute should publish the answer sheets of the subject wise toppers so that we can take notice of what type of answers and presentation skills the institute desires from us, and how we should attempt our answers to score good marks.

Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     04 February 2010

Fantastic suggestion Rajasekaran.K.

It is indeed a good suggestion.

Joshv

Joshv (CA inter)     04 February 2010

Practise to write the institute's corporate law whole module once as copy writing. It took 1 month to complete whole module by writing 10 pages per day. This helped me to remember the key points to present in exams which increased my marks in recent exams than my previous attempt.

ofcourse, this is a more time consuming exercise to write whole module, but it serves the purpose for me.

Instead of writing of whole module, we can take synopsis of the topics and can remember by mnemonics and can review before giving exams, which will help to increase scoring in theory exams, to better use of time available with us.

Aravind Kannan

Aravind Kannan (student)     07 March 2010

My father suggests that all questions, include in the answer, wherever possible the relevant section numbers and one case law at least; this will help scoring well.

1 Like
Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     08 March 2010

Originally posted by : Aravind Kannan

My father suggests that all questions, include in the answer, wherever possible the relevant section numbers and one case law at least; this will help scoring well.

100% True.

(Guest)

THANK U SIR FOR VALUABLE TIPS

CA Jyoti

CA Jyoti (CA , B.Com (H) Final)     05 August 2010

One of the main reason is that we dn't take theory papers so seriously i mean we think first finish practicles & Therory........oh v'll do this in the last 5-6 months.

So, one main thing is never leave any topic or subject on tommorow basis bcz ve never knw wht vl b the situation of tommorow.

n nw the question are mainly practical based so without craming we need a conceptual knowledge of theory subject so that we can face every kind of question,as every question is based on concepts whether it is practical or theortical.

THANKS..........:)

Ankur Garg

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)     05 August 2010

Originally posted by : jyoti

One of the main reason is that we dn't take theory papers so seriously i mean we think first finish practicles & Therory........oh v'll do this in the last 5-6 months.

So, one main thing is never leave any topic or subject on tommorow basis bcz ve never knw wht vl b the situation of tommorow.

n nw the question are mainly practical based so without craming we need a conceptual knowledge of theory subject so that we can face every kind of question,as every question is based on concepts whether it is practical or theortical.

THANKS..........

RIGHT OBSERVATION JYOTI !!!

sri..

sri.. (Executive)     05 August 2010

I think a lot of it is more psychological .., we generally tend to have more of a fear factor towards subjects like accounts and costing so, we focus more on those subjects and delay preparations for law and auditing. Make no mistake, these subjects are not a walk in the park and must be taken seriously..

As far as law is concerned, in my opinion it is very important that as a section is being read, we must make a glossary of the section number and the heading for easier reference and it is most important to capture the essence/ideology behind the section. Most times we read provisions only because it is in our syllabus without questioning why and with what purpose such provisions exist !! The crux of most sections is not more than 5 or 6 lines, everything else builds on the crux only.

Auditing - definitely no point mugging anything .., lot of common sense is involved and sometimes the answers to questions in the exams are the simplest and most basic but we, in our heads tend to believe that it cannot be that simple ...

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register