Easy Office

How to improve english

Page no : 3

(Guest)

Thanks for sharing these tips...

Learning and speaking in english doesnot mean we are losing our heritage and cultural values...

India is known for its traditions and culture all over in world. These moral values are so strong that a language alone cannot wipe it off....

Sorry to say Vivek that its not language but its the trend of following western culture is spoiling our heritage!!!

Saurabh Ghai (Corporate Taxation at EY)   (42 Points)
Replied 31 October 2009

itz really gud...but i wanna knw 4r those who can write easily bt hesitate 2 speak face 2 face....i want ur views on it.....

CA Dhiraj Ramchandani (CA, M. com) (10823 Points)
Replied 31 October 2009

Hi saurabh, the only factor lacking in those people is that they study well in english, do write in english, but not using it in their speech..

And its very obvious that, u can't use this language in ur speech everywhere, people from different class come along wid u... And so people stick to one common HINDI...

I think, they shd vary wid people, this wud help themselves only

Saurabh Srivastava (ACCOUNTS) (37 Points)
Replied 31 October 2009

WAHT A IDEA SIR  JI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VERY GOOD.

RAKESH AGARWAL (CA Final student) (436 Points)
Replied 31 October 2009

grt work

Rknahar (Rupesh Kumar Nahar) (85 Points)
Replied 31 October 2009

Originally posted by :CA Maninder
"

hii Maninder,

I m totally agree with your views.keep it up.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable
{mso-style-name:"Table Normal";
mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;
mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;
mso-style-noshow:yes;
mso-style-priority:99;
mso-style-qformat:yes;
mso-style-parent:"";
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-para-margin-top:0in;
mso-para-margin-right:0in;
mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;
mso-para-margin-left:0in;
line-height:115%;
mso-pagination:widow-orphan;
font-size:11.0pt;
font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;
mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;
mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;
mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

“Language is just a medium of expression not a source of knowledge” this quote sounds true but make me confused sometimes because now a days a language called English really matters
When they say you don’t have Good communication skills it means Good Communication skills in English, when they say personality development it means personality in terms of ur knowledge of a language.

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

As u know majority of CA students really are not expertise in English language which includes me also and one day I was thinking that if I can clear the tough exam of CA why cant I improve English so I decided some ways for improving it , I thought I should share with you also, I will not tell Read Rapidex or join English course also because ur CA books and Coaching is also going on
So a expertise a language wants four thing Listening , Reading , Speaking & Writing

/* Style Definitions */
table.MsoNormalTable

1.       For Listening I would suggest listen as many things as u can in English like News  ( it will be better u listen news on radio ) , See movies (now a days Star movies and HBO shows lyrics at bottom ),listen debates on TV etc, it will improve your accent also
2.       For Reading I would suggest make a habit of reading regularly think all know I would suggest newspaper but I wanna give one more advice give more concentration to editorial section because it will improve your debate power , in any Group Discussion they will give topic which will sure be debated by editorial section, and Read any weekly business magazines( students which have near exam need not read that), Try reading things more than once. Read something and then read it again a few weeks/months later. You should find your understanding has improved.
3.       Writing requires two things Vocabulary & Grammar. Listening & reading will improve ur vocab also and ane thing more you can write your own diary of day to day life because you will find many words which u don’t know, For grammar I will suggest when u will listen or read any sentence try to analyze its structure , make statement into questions or positive into negative etc  etc  
4.       For Speaking I will suggest only and only English environment that’s y they say join English course but  only environment can make its improved , I can suggest some ways like when I travel daily by public transport I take any character of bus in my mind and than start making essay on it instantly , I speak with my sister in English ( although both don’t know very much but we try), I try to speak with my friends also in English but after 15 minutes we again come to hindi but many people can try it ,you can try self talking also in mirror means it is endless list it depends upon person daily life
So thanks for reading this and plzz share that how can I improve more and give me more thoughts byeeeee

"

harry (Awaiting ca final results)   (461 Points)
Replied 01 November 2009

Good tips

Sudhit (no) (248 Points)
Replied 01 November 2009

good 1

Mayank Ahuja ("Learner") (586 Points)
Replied 01 November 2009

nice tips

Radhe Namdev (ACS) (68 Points)
Replied 04 November 2009

Thanks Maninder,

its Verry good,

basheer (entry) (21 Points)
Replied 30 January 2010

thanks

Humayun Kabir Chowdhury (Service) (177 Points)
Replied 21 December 2013

Since English is a foreign language for us, it is hardly possible to improve english without having a basic knowledge about the language itself. That means one must have thorohgh knowledge on the basic of sentence construction i.e all related topics of english grammer. Then the vacabulary of english language has to be increased through regular and continuous practice of extensive reading.listening and speaking in every possible way. 'Practice makes a man perfect' should be the guiding principle to improve one's determination and confidence to learn and improve "Engish".

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: