Originally posted by : Biraj
How to register a name to get a trademark?
its littlebit urget so pl advise me
Procedure for the Registration of Trademarks :-
1. Search for the Name, Device, logo, Label intended to be applied as Trademark.
2. Apply for registration of Trademark in form TM-1 in triplicate alongwith five additional representations and pay the fee by DD in favour of the registrar of Trademarks .
3. Next stage is Examination of application by the department and issue of the examination report raising objections under different Sections of the Act or accepting the mark to be advertised.
4. Replying to the official objections and ask for hearing if required.
5. In hearing put up all evidence in support of trademark application.
6. Getting the order for trademark to be advertised, the advertisement is done in the Official gazette called Trademark Journal and is available to any member of the public to oppose the application with in 4 months of the date of the publication.
7. If no opposition is received or opposition is decided in favour of the applicant, a certificate of Registration is issued which is valid for ten years and after that renewable for every ten years on the payment of renewal fees.
contact @ iprindia.in