SUMMIT AGGARWAL (IPR ADVOCATE(TRADEMARKS PATENT DESIGNS AND COPYRIGHT)) 13 April 2010
|Originally posted by : Biraj|
How to register a name to get a trademark?
its littlebit urget so pl advise me
Procedure for the Registration of Trademarks :-
1. Search for the Name, Device, logo, Label intended to be applied as Trademark.
2. Apply for registration of Trademark in form TM-1 in triplicate alongwith five additional representations and pay the fee by DD in favour of the registrar of Trademarks .
3. Next stage is Examination of application by the department and issue of the examination report raising objections under different Sections of the Act or accepting the mark to be advertised.
4. Replying to the official objections and ask for hearing if required.
5. In hearing put up all evidence in support of trademark application.
6. Getting the order for trademark to be advertised, the advertisement is done in the Official gazette called Trademark Journal and is available to any member of the public to oppose the application with in 4 months of the date of the publication.
7. If no opposition is received or opposition is decided in favour of the applicant, a certificate of Registration is issued which is valid for ten years and after that renewable for every ten years on the payment of renewal fees.
Sowmiya Narayanan (CS) 07 August 2015
Your trade mark can be a valuable business asset. Trade marks have come to represent not only actual goods and services, but also the reputation of the business. Normally a Trademark indicates to your logo or brand, which is distinctive from your competitors. A trademark can be a word, letter, number, phrase, symbol, shape or combination thereof. To know the tradeamark registration process at https://www.dobizindia.com/trademark-registration/.
Arun Jain (Account Professional) 01 November 2018
Dear Sir, I filed a Trademark which was opposed and i filed counter statement (Within 10 Days) but opposition party did not file any evidence for 3 Months, neither intimate me (Party) to go for without evidence and as per opposition affidavit. what is the next step i can take, to ask Trademark authority to take further step..