How to enter Salary received , Tally

Hello all,

I receive salary under following heads and I have deductions also which is also given below.

My question is how do I enter this in Tally? Under what heads should I create the entries. Please help.

 

Income Heads
==================
Basic
HRA
Special Allowance
Overtime
Uniform Allowance
Transport Allowance
Efficiency Bonus
Monthly Bonus
Night Shift Allowance

 

Deduction Heads
===============
Provident Fund
ESI
Professional Tax
LWF

Replies (4)
Quick Summary
Salary received in Tally can be recorded by creating separate ledgers for salary components like Basic, HRA, Bonus, and Allowances under Indirect Income or Salary Account. Deductions like PF, ESI, PT, and LWF can be created separately. Simple entry: Bank Dr, Deductions Dr, To Salary Income.

All income heads can be merged into Salary from ABC under capital account. All deduction heads can be created separately under capital account
All income heads are seperately segregated.

@ CA Raj Doshi - Both Income and deduction should come under Capital A/c? 

How do I create and entry? What to debit and what to credit ? 

 

Should I create following ledgers in Direct Income:
Basic, HRA, Special Allowance, Overtime, Uniform Allowance, Transport Allowance, Efficiency Bonus, Monthly Bonus, Night Shift Allowance

AND

Following in Indirect Expenses:
Provident Fund, ESI, Professional Tax, LWF, TDS Deducted

I am new to Tally. Plz help

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/how-to-enter-salary-received-tally-600071.asp#reply

Read more at: https://www.caclubindia.com/forum/how-to-enter-salary-received-tally-600071.asp#reply

Incomes to credit

Deductions to debit

If you have form 16 then you don't need breakup on tally. It will become cumbersome

 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Topics :

Loading
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA / CA Inter - 2 Groups Cleared

Getmyca Consultant Pvt Ltd

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details