House property schedule

I am staying in home for which my mother is the 100 % owner. I do not have any other property. in itr2 owner of house there is a drop down menu self,minor,spouse and others.So while filling house property schedule of itr2 ay 19-20, if I choose "others" option from drop down menu for owner of house property, what is to written in descripttion column .the instruction is " if other, specify" should I write only "mother" or mother's name also.

Replies (11)
no need to mention anything in your return as you are not owner of the property

if mother has any taxable income then she needs to disclose it in her return
but that column cannot be kept blank. Otherwise you cannot validate that sheet
it can be left blank. just click on validate and it will show msg as Sheet Ok
This is not happening I tried it
I tried it on my PC it was happening. try to create a new file and then validate.
Is it ITR2
yes it is
Ok I will again download fresh sheet and check. Thank you
you are welcome
Only in ITR 1 you can skip but in ITR2 you have to fill address owner etc. of property otherwise you cannot validate it. It is written there as fields marked in red must not be left blank
not necessarily required to reveal

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details