Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Help me to make strategy for nov 2013

Deepak Arora (CA-Final) (398 Points)

04 June 2013  

Dear Friends,

I appeared for 2nd Group in this May 2013 but don't know what the result will come.

Now planning to start group 1 study as there is plenty of time available. And in case result does not come positive then will revise 2nd group also and will sit for both the groups this time in Nov 2013.

Please help me to make a good strategy so that could clear CA this year itself.

And also let me know best book of Financial Reporting and SFM for self study purpose.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Deepak Arora

11 Replies

suresh saini (CA-FINAL) (76 Points)
Replied 04 June 2013

u start group 1 prepration.

CA Raviteja (Risk Management) (585 Points)
Replied 04 June 2013

To start with, all the best for your group 2 results. However, while preparing strategy for group 1 in nov 2013, it is better to plan for worst case scenario. 

Since you have around 40 days for results to come, it is better u complete as much of Grp1 as possible in this limited time. Start with SFM (if u r not thorough with concepts in it) or else with FR. 

FR, there r many well known books. I find MPV sir's book to be good. His book on Acc Standards is also very good. For SFM, JB Gupta is best. This is the best time to get it, if you haven't.

Auditing and Law, you can start them at july end.

Remember, Success can come only with Dedication and Dedication doesn't mean studying 24/7, it means, to fix the goal in your mind 24/7 and work towards it.

2 Like

CA CS Himanshu Khandelwal (SAP FICO Consultant) (705 Points)
Replied 04 June 2013

Hi Deepak.

As in you are having around 45 days in ur hand before the result comes you can easily prepare 3 subjects i.e 1. FR+LAW+AUDIT or 2. SFM+LAW+AUDIT.

I would suggest u take any of the above possiblity & complete the same at the earliest.

Further as far as group 2 is concerned i would advise u to prepare for the worst scenario possible.And in this case ur worst scenario would be "fail with no exemption".

If this is the case then it means u need to give time to ur group 2 as well & this time it would be demanding more concentration then the earlier one but it wont take much of the time.

Assuming ur result comes on 18th July with the worst scenario mentioned above then in that u will be having around 3.25 months,which is just enough for

1. Ur 1 subject left from the above 2 combos.

2. Ur group 2 revision.

3. Ur group 1 revision.

Apart from that i would also advise u too give test from time to time to know where u stand in ur preparation.

Regards

CA ANU RAO (CA IN PRACTISE) (128 Points)
Replied 04 June 2013

hi Deepak

all the best for ur group 2 results..for group 1 start wit practical papers first accounys and mafa ..it requires conceptual approach and also lot of practise..u can start audit and law in july and it would be fine.

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114654 Points)
Replied 04 June 2013

Your planning seems fine and intelligent to me. You should not waste your current time and start preparing for Ist group without taking tension of result.

Fix a target to finish at least 75% of your course for Ist group before declaration of result for IInd group. In case of positive result, you will again get enough time for super preparation of Ist group and in case of negative result also you’ll be able to manage the things easily with your 75% preparation of Ist group.

Varun (none) (379 Points)
Replied 04 June 2013

DITTO DITTO FOR 

Ankur Garg sir's comments....

Talk about strategy?

1. Pick 2 subjects each or atleast one each in both groups'read it like hell and make it as easy as possible such that u can even bet for a sureshot exemptionsmiley...

U can use it as ur trump card in exams....maybe get 70+ in them....it'll help u stabilise the avg scores of other subjects bro....smiley

2. Pick the subject(s) that give(s) u nightmares and dont fail to study that for atleast 3 hrs a day and deal with it  'AS SLOW AS POSSIBLE'

3. Quickly change the topic u r studying incase u get stuck at something!!!

WISH U GOOD LUCK FOR A RANK!!!!

rahul (Chartered Accountant and CS Prof.)   (5470 Points)
Replied 04 June 2013

Strategy to Clear CA Final

Strategy to Clear CA Final Group 1 – Click here for Group 1

Strategy to Clear CA Final Group 2 – Click here for Group 2

….. 

Deepak Arora (CA-Final) (398 Points)
Replied 05 June 2013

Thank you very much to all of you for providing valuable suggestions. I will certainly follow the same strategy.

Regards

Deepak Arora

retheeshkumar (0) (32 Points)
Replied 08 June 2013

Can any one suggests best reference book (tn manoharan or vinod guptha) for CA final DIRECT TAXES.? My attempt is Nov 2013 and planning for self study...

retheeshkumar (0) (32 Points)
Replied 08 June 2013

Can any one suggests best reference book (tn manoharan or vinod guptha) for CA final DIRECT TAXES.? My attempt is Nov 2013 and planning for self study... Thanks in advance

Hadi Husain Husaini (IDT Consultant) (99 Points)
Replied 20 August 2013

Guys test on Direct tax case laws for nov-13

https://www.biacademy.biz/Revision 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags