Easy Office

Has quality of CA students has decreased

Page no : 2

Bhushan Jaju (Student) (970 Points)
Replied 09 October 2012

@ ashish - even engineer are working at 4 lacs...then whats the use of studying professional course and cope with that much complexity huh??

Ashish (Student) (144 Points)
Replied 09 October 2012

@ bhushan : yes you are right engineers are working at high salaries and so are ca's . But let me inform you right now due to EURO crisis, US slowdown which adds to confusion in India - newly qualified engineers from not-so-good institutes are ready to work at as low as 10k to 12k as testers, coders even writers-in other words in whatever capacity they find a job.

It's just not a very good time, that's all.

Replied 09 October 2012

@ bhushan : yes you are right engineers are working at high salaries and so are ca's . But let me inform you right now due to EURO crisis, US slowdown which adds to confusion in India - newly qualified engineers from not-so-good institutes are ready to work at as low as 10k to 12k as testers, coders even writers-in other words in whatever capacity they find a job.

It's just not a very good time for job seekers, that's all.

Replied 09 October 2012

@ ashish - even CAs are seating unemployed after a lot of struggle......

Replied 09 October 2012

Originally posted by : Bhushan Jaju

@ ashish - even CAs are seating unemployed after a lot of struggle......

Blame there lack of practical knowledge due to dummy articleship for that.

Or lack of networking which one article make during articleship.

1 Like

Replied 09 October 2012

@ ashish - correct bro...Though CA are far ahead in therotical knowledge..they lack practical aspect..

goodfella (owner) (74 Points)
Replied 09 October 2012

Quality of CAs was always like this, only difference is that other professions and fields have embraced a better way of providing education and now the gap is widening. CA as a practice will be lablled as a compliance mechanism and nothing more if something is not changed.

karthik (articled assistant) (245 Points)
Replied 09 October 2012

think so like that,because some my wonderfull friends have cleared the exam

CA. JAIN (Chartered Accountant) (466 Points)
Replied 09 October 2012

Ashish,,,,,if u have no idea about current scenario of ca(specially of last two year).then please dont comment like expert......plz see the placement results....out of last three campus placement of CAs only 2500 have selected from more than 30,000 CAs.in your opinion rest are those who did dummy..?? or what..??

you dont know how mch CAs are unemployed and thousands are underemployed(specially in last two year). even CAs who completed training are working @ 13-15k pm

Simple reason behind the underemployment/unemployment......is excess supply and bad market both and one another reason lack of initiative by institute for placement....

Advise to all aspiring CAs dont live in dream..like after CA u will get easily 5-6 lakhs..

and vivek,,,,,,,,,i correlate quality of CA with passing result...(eventhough some not agree)

when result of exams goes up then definitely those candidate also clear who dont deserve....

Thanks,

Sorry if someone hearted by my words

Deepak kumar sharma (Govt. job) (2946 Points)
Replied 10 October 2012

The quality of ca students have not decreased but the demand of ca's is changing. Industry wants not only qualification but experience also.

They hire simple graduate students and train them according to their need for most of the commom work and posts with less pay scale. Most of the  ca students are lacking in actual working experience/training. The structure of article ship needs to be change from conventional to present time and needs of industry.

One subject should be permannently included for personality development, communication skills and leadership and management qualities in course structure

Joey Tribbiani (fdg) (2010 Points)
Replied 10 October 2012

First of of all,the present scenario is not because of decline in quality but because of reasons beyond our control. Please do not take it personally anyone,but I would like to share my experience here too. My friends who passed in the dreaded May 2011 attempt,remained underemployed for a about a year, but with the right decisions,they are now well placed in different companies at good packages. The condition of the world economies is really bad and it needs something extra on your part to make it through turbulent times.

And as for comparing CA with MBA or engineering,people tend to forget that there is a huge difference between our fee structure too. While a CA can be completed in sub 50k range(coachings excluded),fees of one sem of MBA in good colleges is more than that. This is nothing to justify the low salaries paid to a CA.but this is a factor considered by MBA aspirants before taking admission into any college.

As for campus placements,u can say its the lack of experience on part of ICAI, for improper conduct of placements. They really do not know how to conduct  and should hire some experienced people from good B-Schools. ICAI office bearers are more concerned with elections and politics than to take initiative to improve the condition of CAs. However we cant keep blaming them,we have to do something ourselves,as we all know,every college/institution's primary responsibilty is to give you theoretical knowledge,after that placements totally depend on your own caliber and the role of college is only to provide prospective candidate a meeting point with employer.

(Guest)

life me money secondary cheze honi chiye kam ka agar annad nahi ayega to paisa kaise milenga stev jobs dhirubhai ambani bill gates all are collage dropout still they are earning in countless amount ca many easy cash thodi hoti hai for earning cash you need efforts 

CA Pooja Agarwal (Chartered Accountant) (3228 Points)
Replied 10 October 2012

@ bittu- nice improvement..next time write full comment in english..try not to use your hinglish language

Jitesh Kumar (CA- FINAL) (68 Points)
Replied 10 October 2012

CA Lokesh Pokharna is absolutely correct, that's y fresh CA with dummy internship equally getting jobs in industries those who did 3yrs or 3&1/2 yrs training,

Structure of course should be changed to bring it at par with current scenario of market.

Deepak Bhagtani (Learner) (462 Points)
Replied 10 October 2012

I think ICAI has Done a Very Good Job till Now.............But Some Decisions Recently Made By ICAI Has Been Very Surprising....... Direct Entry For Graduates in to IPCC & A Person Can Start Articleship Without Clearing Group 1 this will Only Decrease the Quality Of CA as a Profession As More and More People Will Aspirec to Become CA.........!!!!!!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: