GSTR 2 queries

I have purchased taxable goods , but suppliers has not uploaded his GSTR1.
Can I upload my purchase invoice in gstr2?

accountant

yes you can

Total likes : 2 times

yes you can.But after 10th September and supplier should accept your purchase invoice in their GSTR1A

if he accept gstr1a.then i see uploaded invoice in gstr2a

If supplier again not shown in gstr1 A then what should be done by receipent?

receipent paid tax with interest?

In this condition what is the fault of receipent whenever he paid gst at the time of purchase and received a proper bill mention having gstin details of buyer & seller both?

there is no fault of Receipent.it is fault of supplier and you have fighting with supplier

There is no any provision in this regard to trace the supplier who charged the tax and received from buyer but not deposit to the government?

Chartered Accountant

Yes. These provisions seem to be quite harsh & is causing genuine hardship.

You have to raise this issue with your supplier. Ask him to file the GSTR1 properly. If he still doesn't comply, then raise this matter with your jurisdictional officer.

But this inter-dependant Credit mechanism was introduced to inculcate "compliance responsibilty" among assessees (where one person ensures that another person complies with the law). Due to the reason that ITC will be available only after GSTR1 filed by supplier, nobody would want to do business with a supplier who's not prompt in filing his returns like GSTR1, etc. This means a non-compliant supplier would start losing out on his business with a few months. He will hence start complying and the recipient would eventually get the ITC. 

This situation can be compared to something in Income Tax. We (assessee) usually never get the credit of TDS in Form 26AS, if the deductor fails to file the details under Forms 24Q & 26Q.

So for now, they say we are going through initial teething problems of GST implementation. Lets hope.. we dont lose all our teeth by the time this GST law stabilises..

Total likes : 4 times

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

CCI MENU