Share More

Gst to be charged or not?

Dhrunil Bhatt (Chartered Accountant)     15 May 2019

Dhrunil Bhatt
Chartered Accountant 
 11 likes  227 points

| My Other Post

Dear Experts,

I am giving you one example here in which lets say there are three companies (Company A, Company B and Company S). Company A and B are inter companies (under a roof of a group company). The company S is a customer company which is located in SEZ Unit.

Now lets suppose company S, the customer company wants services from company A. In order to provide the service, Company A raised a service PO on Company B for the providing the service to Company S (which is the customer of Company A).

Company B provided the service to company S against the service PO raised by company A.

Now, as Company S is located in SEZ unit, invoice would be raised by company A to Company S without charging IGST in the invoice (under a LUT / Bond).

The question is, how would the invoice be raised by Company B on Company A for the services provided. Note that none of these companies (A or B) are located in SEZ Unit. Whether company B would raise the invoice normally (i.e. by charging IGST) on Company A or it would not charge any GST (as the ultimate sale was made to SEZ Unit)

My opinion is that GST shall be charged by Company B in the invoice issued on Company A.

Kindly support your answer with relevant provisions of the Act.

Thanks and Regards,

Dhrunil Bhatt

avater

Padmanathan Kv   15 May 2019

Padmanathan Kv

114 likes  2122 points

View Profile | My Other Post

GST should be charged by Company B. However company A can claim refund of the ITC

1 Like
avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     15 May 2019

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3502 likes  47427 points

Yes GST will charge by Company B to A in Tax Invoice raised

1 Like
avater

CA Shikha Sharma (Ceo)     16 May 2019

CA Shikha Sharma
Ceo 
 583 likes  3854 points

yes by company a

2 Like

A Kalita (Sr. Manager)     16 May 2019

A Kalita
Sr. Manager 
 22 points

Dear Experts, 

I have a GST scenario I am describing below, and looking for suggestions from you. 

I have procured cement for Rs1 lakh from a dealer after paying  GST. Then I have issued a part of that quantity of cement to a contractor who was awarded a contract to build a concrete house. The rest of the items and manpower was arranged by the contractor.  Say the value  of cement issued to him is 50 thousand.

Now the contractor has submitted a bill of Rs. 5 lakhs  as per schedule of rates which included cost for Sand, Stone Chips, Steel etc ( all items apart from Cement) and Service Charges for the manpower ( Including his profit).  He has claimed GST on the total amount of 5 Lakhs.

The value for the Cement issued to him will be deducted from the Contractor’s Bill.

Now, Do I deduct the GST portion for cement from his bill, since I have already paid the GST for cement? Or I have to pay GST on the total amount of 5 lakhs? (The rates for GST are different in contractors bill and for cement)

CA Aravind Penugonda (Chartered Accountant)     16 May 2019

CA Aravind Penugonda
Chartered Accountant 
 17 likes  306 points

Company B shall issue a tax invoice on Company A charging C+S/IGST,as applicable.

1 Like

Dhrunil Bhatt (Chartered Accountant)     16 May 2019

Dhrunil Bhatt
Chartered Accountant 
 11 likes  227 points

Thank you all for your kind reply ....

avater

CA Shikha Sharma (Ceo)     16 May 2019

CA Shikha Sharma
Ceo 
 583 likes  3854 points

Company B shall issue a tax invoice on Company A charging C+S/IGST,as applicable.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register