Gst registration

I run a small publishing house, publishing magazine and my turnover does not exceed Rs 20 lakh.

I took a GSTIN number but now understand it is under TDS category.  I am told to take under normal tax payer category.  For raising invoice against advertisements , can i use the first GSTIN number itself.  As the turnover is within Rs 20 lakh this year, should I still file returns?

Replies (3)
If u had registered voluntarily even though Ur business turnover didnt exceed 20 lakhs/15 lakhs (respective states)...u should be filling Ur returns necessarily...if u don't want to do this...then u can cancel Ur registration.
please answer following. have you issued any GST invoice or have you filed any return . If you have then please file return. If you have not then apply for cancellation . more over I don't think you fall under tds category

Yes.  I have issued a few invoices this month.  Should I cancel my TDS category GST registration and apply for ordinary tax payer option to register afresh for GST.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 04 September 2026
Accounts Executive

Hema Yashwanth & Associates

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
29 September 2026
Work at home

Lottery.sambad.tv

Bhopal

Others

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Articles

Saini Pati Shah & Co LLP, Chartered Accountants

Mumbai

CA Foundation

View Details