GST ON REFERRAL INCOME

Is GST applicable if I as a company have done a favour to any other company and I am getting a share from other company in the form of referral income ?If yes , what percentage?
Replies (6)
Quick Summary
This discussion clarifies whether Goods and Services Tax (GST) is applicable to referral income received by a company for facilitating services or sales for another business. It confirms that GST is indeed applicable, typically at an 18% rate, often falling under categories like commission or intermediary services, depending on the nature of the favour provided.

Yes GST is applicable .
(Rate as per the category of service being provided)
I am gaining commission based upon a favour done to a company?..What is this category?
Shall be GST @ 18% under commission only.

(U R providing a service for which payment is received by way of shares)
I have helped them in making sales happen and I am an It company
Yes , ...... it's 18% CGST/SGST (Intermediary Services)

DEAR HARSHIT

REFER SECTION 2(13) OF IGST ACT, R/W SECTION 13(8) OF IGST ACT

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 October 2026
Articled Assistant

KPSN & Associates LLP

Chennai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details